LDRS Report - Day 3

BRS. The fees are set by them, with the exception of the $20 surcharge for each flier.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Is there a difference...?

Reply to
Len Lekx

Need you ask?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Plenty ... and it is all good stuff! It may be providence:

In the year of the first civilian astronaut, a founding member of Tripoli (an organization founded to further civilian exploration of space) becomes President.

He has GREAT taste in rocket kits:

Tad Danley

Guys,

For grassy hay products you have one day when the hay will bale optimally, with all the tender leaves in tact. Too early and you get

1500 pounds of mold, too late and you get 1500 pounds of stems that have to be ground to feed well.

Now, with that said, you do have control of is when you cut the hay. Unless there were shower and the like the week before that would have delayed things for him, he could have planned better.

Chuck Mies

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
Chuck Mies

What I find interesting is my email on this. VERY polarized. The typical suspects on each side have either a litany of evil or a litany of good.

That's why I asked. rmr at least has loose cannons (you cannot deny that) and sometimes can offer random insights (and total morons too).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Once the hay has been trampled flat by the rocketeers, spectactors, and vehicular traffic, it's useless. I can't imagine the farmer willingly throwing away $10-$15K worth of hay. (I don't know what market prices for hay are this year, but it looked like reasonable field hay to me, so assume $20.00-$30.00/bale).

Taking hay is notoriously weather dependant. It's always a bit of a nail-biter around here until the hay is in the barn. For example, once cut, it can tolerate being rained on during the first day of drying, but if it dries, and then gets rained on, it's ruined. Also, the nutrient content starts to fall off rapidly once the seed heads appear. You'll often see farmers around here with large hay fields do staggered cuts during iffy weather. They'll cut as much as they think they can dry and bale within a good weather window.

-Marcus Part-time farmer

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Farmer and hybrid maker?

Impressive.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Looks like this is the same old altopia troll (or its spiritual sibling).

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

The members of TRA know he lives up to his name. :)

Since you're not a member, you don't need to know anything.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Bob K. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Why change a broken one when you can start fresh?

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Phil Stein

As you know it's a big field. This was also donr at NY Power in the past. It wasn't close to where the people & rockets were. It was no big deal.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Here we go - the crook & the crank. Where's the Crybaby?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Farmer, hybrid maker, father, husband, crypto and security advisor, radio astronomer

Keeps a man busy...

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Neither. The fees, except the insurance surcharge, go to the host prefecture. Tripoli does get a payment for use of the LDRS name, but I think it is fixed, not a sliding scale fee.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

The farmer didn't hurt anything being out in the field other than he could have been seriously hurt had a rocket hit him.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

So you know all the details of all the expendatures & costs involved? I have a hard time believing that.

Reply to
Phil Stein