letter to secure a high power field

i agree, current site is 40 acres and we are having a hard time flying Fs

there are unoccupied buildings at the site, IIRC they are not a concern (as long as no lawn darting happens)

Reply to
tater schuld

Well, that too. But if you were going to invest any money in apermanent site, I'd make sure that the site itself is secure enough to be permanent.

Bob Kaplow

We're in the same boat. We find out Monday of next week whether we get a new field of 180 acres total to fly on. Owned by a Fire Company that is looking for ways to put it to use. They mentioned "soccer"!!!!

We're more interested in supporting Scout launches and competitions than HPR, tho.

Tom Ha NAR #76754

Reply to
Tom Ha

Congratulations!

With respect to the issues raised, to my line of thinking there is no way on earth to eliminate them from liability. They could still get sued (and most likely probably would) in the event of a serious injury or large property damage claim. Even the best hold harmless agreement will not protect them from being sued, even if they don't end up paying a thing. Maybe the best route is to provide them with a hold harmless that indemnifies them for all costs (liability AND legal). But if they're really gun shy of suits, this may kill the deal. But IMHO, it's about the only thing you can do. (Of course, your group is then assuming a large liability - that of legal costs - something it may not want to do because such contractual agreements are often not covered by your insurance unless the insurer signs off on it.) It just gets more and more complicated, doesn't it? And all for doing something so simple and safe. Now, let's not turn this into a thread on the excesses of our legal system - we've already beaten that dead horse.

Pete McClure NAR 78671 L1

-- "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."

- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)

- and then there's this from the current Oval Office occupant:

"I'm the Commander, see... I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being President... [I] don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

George W. Bush to the National Security Council

tater schuld wrote:

Reply to
Pete McClure

Get a standard hold harmless agreement at a stationary store or download. If they for any reason do not accept it, work with NAR on one. They have lots of attorneys right now. I will be reuseable in the future.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

WOW, what size re-load?!

Reply to
JIM

yeah, but it shows a goodwill attempt on our club to keep their interests in mind.

Don't think so. they didn't have one ready made for us to sign, nor did they seem to know where i could get one. most likely they want something that makes them feel comfortable and not worry that they have to pay for our stupidity.

But hey, this is model rocketry, one of the safest sports on the planet. absolutely no reason for any of us to get worried. it makes em happy, I'll personaly sign off as myself being fully responsible. I figgure that as president, it should fall on my shoulders anyway.

this set me up as the fall guy for sue-happy people? probably. but I do my best to make sure safety is first and foremost. otherwise our club would not have grown. also, if anything ever DID happen, I don't think there would be a way to keep the club together afterwards.

Reply to
tater schuld

Tater:

Kinda what I figured. Just wanted to provide the worst case scenario for consideration. Usually, if the landowner is willing to allow use of the field they're not too worried about suits and the legal BS.