LEUP for APCP motors.. What about KNO3 motors including sugar?

Q&A on their web site. Dave has already cited the law that says you have to have a permit if you transport non-exempt materials.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Trust is earned. I would be the first to agree that our Government has not earned my trust or the trust of the voting public. The recent Congressional elections reflect that. And I'll keep voting against incumbents until I find one that earns my trust.

In general the hobby has shown that we can be trusted to follow guidelines without the need for strict enforcement. If we regularly exceeded our waivers, for example, how long do you think the FAA would tolerate it? I know, Bob is going to cite cases were waivers were knowingly exceeded. As a rule, however, waivers limits are respected. That trust keeps us on good terms with the FAA.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Tolerate? If it's going on regularly then the authorizing body which is so graciously allowing us to use "their" skies might want to review the way they do business.

Anarchy now. Disband the FAA, the BATF, and the rest of the alphabet agencies. The government does not know best.

Reply to
Tweak

Still not. They've ruled that any reload grain that COULD be assembled into a >> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Not.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I forgot to include the DOT exemption at 18 USC 845:

(a) Except in the case of subsections [1] (l), (m), (n), or (o) of section 842 and subsections (d), (e), (f), (g), (h), and (i) of section

844 of this title, this chapter shall not apply to: (1) any aspect of the transportation of explosive materials via railroad, water, highway, or air which are regulated by the United States Department of Transportation and agencies thereof, and which pertain to safety;

See also:

David Schultz

AFAIK, the FAA has not tried to turn the 1500ft ceiling into a 62.5ft ceiling just because being tough on terror was good for someone's career.

Philip

pet odor removers for powerful pet odors.

Reply to
OdorDestroyer.com

I'm sure you're referring to the 62.5 gram limit as if this is something the ATF came up with post-9/11. If so, you need to go back and do a little research. The ATF has been pretty consistent in their position since at least 1996 (when I entered the hobby). Congress just helped them with the so-called Safe Explosives Act.

Reply to
Alex Mericas