looking for moonscape image

i've got a wall in the living room in need of a mural, and i want to do a moonscape on it.

i'mm looking for an image of one of the lunar landings, with the lander in one side an a hill on the other. google images is driving me nuts

Reply to
Tater

Try

Randy Lutz

Reply to
Randy Lutz

I certainly don't remember where I saw it, but many years ago there were wallpaper murals available with space scenes, lunar landscapes, etc. I always wanted one for my rec room, but still haven't finished off the basement.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I bought a wall mural several years ago from Edmund Scientific (at their store). It's the "Earthrise" scene, and it's something like 8' x 13'. I haven't seen any of these in a really long time though, and I know the one I have is long OOP. I originally paid something like $35 for it.

A Google search for "Earthrise wall mural" turns up a few possibilities for you, though. This one is close to what I have:

Hope this helps!

Reply to
Anonymous

TATER,

I believe the image you are looking for is from APOLLO 15 . . .

TRY THIS . . .

Click on Apollo 15 and scroll down to AS15-92-12444 throught AS15-92-12451 . . . Especially AS15-92-12447 !

Thumbnail . . . Low-Res . . . Hi-Res images are available there . . . Click on Links !

Dave F.

Reply to
Ez2cDave

I hope that this isn't thread hi-jacking.....

But in the same vein, is there a source for Saturn V murals?

Dave Schaeffer

Reply to
Dave Schaeffer

" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Is there any way to use wget or similar program to "file-sponge" or download all of the images from this site? I was able to copy all of the NACA files before they moved them.

Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang

yep, at $300-$600.

for that price i'd rather paint it, as the ones i saw were not

*exactly* what i wanted. I am looking for a good picture to base my walls mural on.
Reply to
Tater

thanks randy, i'll probably be doing this one

with the ends a bit cropped and without the rover in the center.

Reply to
Tater