Marketing Site Update - Please Do Not Respond

Please do not reply to this posting. It is an informational update only for those interested.

The email list for Locksmith Marketing continues to grow. Nearly 60 members with more every day. New resources are continually being added also.

In the files section are the following articles / resources:

Business Building Advice IKEA Codes Lockology Subscription Information Marketing Seminar CD Ordering Instructions Prompt Pay - Accounts receivable Tutitorial What a Locksmith Does When to use a Locksmith Business Plan Guide Truck Signage

In the Links Section:

10 ways to make your Website work harder for you. A place to download the Adobe reader for free Breakthrough Performance Developing a Sales Plan Effective Advertising & Marketing How to Jump Start your Locksmith Business How to Promote Sales in your Retail Locksmith Shop Locksmith Business Cards Marketing Tips Ten Rules to Avoid going Broke The Dozen Dounuts Twenty Costly Marketing Mistakes in Running a Locksmith Business

Photos - Include pictures of Service Vehicles (Would like to have lots more)

Over 45 archived emails on marketing a Locksmith Business

There is also the opportunity to exchange ideas and ask questions with other Locksmiths via email and more resources are being added all the time! Newbies, new start-ups and experienced mentors are wanted. Please drop by and see what's building. See the link below. Members are encouraged to list and add links they feel would be helpful.

There is no charge for the email group and unsubscribing is as easy as clicking a button or sending me an email.

Here's the Link to subscribe!

Mike Thomas Lock & Key For an email list discussion of locksmith related marketing concepts join us:

MThomas859

Glad your group is getting off to a good start. If you want to participate in this group you are more than welcome. However, you do not need to keep coming to alt.locksmithing and repeatedly posting your groups progress report.

Your repeated post are beginning to look like usenet spam. G'Day

Reply to
"Key

Thanks Key. I'll jump in whenever I see something that interest me or I feel qualified to offer an opinion on. When you want to reach locksmiths, you go where locksmiths are. There are more than the few that actively post on alt.locksmith. I'll probably continue to post updates when it seems appropriate. Won't be daily, or even weekly. I like to let new comers know. It's already been established that some here aren't interested. I hope they'll just ignore the times I do post on this subject. It is locksmithing, the post is on topic, and it is unmoderated.

OTOH, somehow I knew who would respond inspite of the request not too. <g> But like I said, it is Usenet and you're on topic too!

At least I'm not being flamed like ole' Ray. (BTW, we're in agreement on his products. But that's another story.)

Keep up your post Key, the place wouldn't have the interesting character it does without you. I sincerely mean that in the most positive way!

Mike Thomas Lock & Key For an email list discussion of locksmith related marketing concepts join us:

MThomas859

"MThomas859" snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam >

Actually your post came at the right time for me. I need some help with marketing. I signed up to your group as 'spamthelocksmith' a while ago. A hint from 'putyourspamhere'. Trying to cut down on the spam by fooling the spammers. I've been using two ATT email addresses; g.e.cooper and locksmith. I get a billion spams a day especially under 'locksmith'.

I dont think you are spamming. Like I said before: locksmithing and marketing go hand in hand.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Thanks Glen. I'd like to see the members take ownership and post links and files, as well as email. I think there's been some interesting email.

I started the group because I saw a need and I wish I had more answers than I do. I think there's some good resources there and hope for help in making it better. We have some good people drawn from several locksmith groups.Lot's of experience there already Enjoy!

Mike Thomas Lock & Key For an email list discussion of locksmith related marketing concepts join us:

MThomas859

Signed up tonite myself. Found the business plan pdf file and saved a copy. The locksmith I used to work for, sold me his oldest van (89 Caravan cargo) [the size of van I requested the very first time I worked for him - small enough to fit in some of the very low ceiling parking garages here - 6 1/2 foot ceiling on one of them] with the bench, lights, key duplicator, second battery, inverter, shelves still inside for a song..) So, at this present time, I am considering trying my hand at running my own mobile shop starting small (openings only) and as money allows, buying more equipment and growing. Any help I can find such as this is a very welome thing to me.

Steve

[snip the rest]
Reply to
Steve

than

spam.

interest me or I feel

locksmiths, you go

actively post on

it seems

if you need to tell your group something ? tell them on your group. there is no need to tell them here.

know.

its sure been weekly so far..

interested. I hope they'll

locksmithing, the post

unmoderated or moderated, its not on-topic if you keep repeatedly spamming this group.

request not too. <g>

doesn't matter. you are spamming this group by repeatedly pluging your group.

correct and usenet has rules..

in agreement on his

well, ole' Ray is in a world of his own.

interesting character it

positive way!

marketing concepts join us:

if you would just leave your signature the way it is ? you can accomplish the same thing without spamming. your group url in your signature is accepted.

g'day

Reply to
"Key

No problem there, that's what I do. It's the people that aren't members that I'm wanting to reach - that's why I post here and elsewhere.

One or two last points, then I'm done. I registered the group but don't consider it mine. I don't know enough to offer much marketing advice. We have been successful in pulling together a lot of experienced people willing to share what they know. That's good!

I really don't mind the back and forth with you. It has put the same message out there 10 times so far in what could have been and intended to be once.. Kind of poetic.

Best to you Key!

Mike Thomas Lock & Key For an email list discussion of locksmith related marketing concepts join us:

MThomas859

You know, Mike, Keyman is quite an outspoken fellow but he certainly doesn't own this group and there is no need to kowtow to him. He certainly does add color to these dialogs, I'll grant you that. But then even the radical views of people like Al Sharpton manage to draw a small and faithful following of fellow idiots.

Reply to
RipVanWinkle

Key is passionate in his opinions. I like that. I believe that if there weren't distance and usenet between us we could be friends. I feel that way about most of the people I've seen here. We don't always have to agree. Infact if we did - one of us wouldn't be needed. Differing from my opinion, or anyone elses doesn't make him an idiot. I find him very knowledgeable, even if he does see the world more in black and white than I do.

I appreciate those that have offered me encouragement for what I'd like to build.

Best to you Rip! (And to you Key.)

Mike Thomas Lock & Key For an email list discussion of locksmith related marketing concepts join us:

MThomas859

certainly doesn't

certainly does add

even the radical

and faithful

RVW, you can keep the name calling to yourself. if you want to come and call me an idiot to my face ? I welcome you to do just that. I am in Shreveport, La and can be contacted 24 hours a day.

Reply to
"Key

---snip the dribble---

that if there weren't

that way about most

agree. Infact if we did -

or anyone elses

even if he does see

what I'd like to

marketing concepts join us:

thanks Mike I am glad that you take the time to see my comments the way they were intended. I have nothing personal against you and think that your idea is a great one that will help many folks. Still believe that you can reach just as many folks by simply utilizing you signature. it really says it all for you.

g'day

Reply to
"Key

Then you should paint your ad on their car doors or windshields. Or better yet, show 'em what an ace locksmith you are; break into their houses and paint a big mural ad on their living room wall.

Newsgroups aren't for advertising unless the charter specifically allows it. Your regular screed is no less rude than driving into a locksmith picnic with a sound truck and blasting your ad at 110 dBA over the music (after all, that's where the locksmiths are, isn't it?).

Reply to
Clifton T. Sharp Jr.

He's baiting you and you're taking the bait. Offering to take NG disputes offline and in person is not a practical or wise thing to do. Suppose he comes back and asks you for your contact information? What are you going to give him? He may or may not have the big brass ones to come face you in person but with almost anything you give him he can a. use it to find out more about you and screw with you/your business interests/your family, in a devious/cowardly if not dangerous and destructive manner or b. If his research and pretexting skills aren't very good, call you out to meet him and set you up for something limited only by his imagination. If you refuse to give him anything he calls you a coward and walks away with a happy satisfied feeling. It's a no winner.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

see your point. thanks for the advice. however, its a two way street that I have been down before.

Reply to
"Key