Best Locks

We have a lot of Best Cylinderical locks and pad locks. I have a key that opens all the locks in the building (padlock and door locks). Where can I get these key blanks? I know Best tried to sue and and restrict the blanks, but are they still available through a supply company or do you have to get them from Best directly?

R. Place

Reply to
no-way

Depend on the keyway that your using. I would suggest that you take a copy of the key to a local locksmith and let them look at it. They will be able to tell you if they are available or not.

Reply to
Jack

Jeeze, I didnt know there where so many series for this type of lock. It all is "M" series. I did find a distributor, but I have to buy 50 at a time. I was thinking more along the lines of 10, so I will wait and stick with my little Kwikset trainer setup (five deadbolts mounted in a 2"x12", I placed one pin in one, two in the next, etc.).

Thanks, R.Place

Reply to
no-way

considering that the USUAL rekey takes 2 keys new-the operator keys, PLUS having a master key, PLUS the core key, 10 can go REAL QUICK... and if more than 2 keys are needed for a door, wuups... so, the 50 at a time is no big deal...

I bought a box of 50, to make keys for 6 padlocks...was cheaper for the 50, than for the 10...if you figure the cost of buying the SECOND bag of 10...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

There's at least a dozen different keyways, which are known by letter.

What's the little letter on the key? Or an code numbers, etc?

Might want to take the key (and one of the locks) to a locksmith shop and get a couple made. Try them out on the spot.

Best blanks are made by Ilco, Jet, ESP, and a bunch of others.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Best makes at least a dozen shapes of keyhole.

Please post any numbers or letters on the operating key -- that will give us a clue what keyway the locks are.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn