Model Rocketry is Popular Mechanics Cover Story

Got the latest, April 2005, issue of Popular Mechanics today.
The main article headline is "The Backyard Space Race", subtitled
"Who Needs NASA? Low-Budget Rocketeers Blast Off"
The cover photo features a shot of a couple of HPR rockets at ROC-Stock in
the Mojave Desert.
The article is centered on the rocketry, but wanders off into alleys of
Pumpkin Chuckers, Monster Kites, Power Tool powered Vehicles, etcetera.
The rocketry details are a wee bit sensationalistic, but mostly on target.
The AP link to Shuttle Boosters is mentioned a couple of times, as is the
ATF interest in the hobby.
Check it out at your newsstands.
ScottE
Reply to
ScottE
I understand that Pop Sci has a similar story on HPR stuff targetted for this summer.
Disclaimer: The company I work for is in the magazine distribution business. Please run out and buy LOTS of copies :-)
Bob Kaplow
jerry seems to know a bit about the magazine industry. 50% of the product sent out to stores is returned unsold, and shreaded. What other industry could survive with a 50% return rate. GM? Kellogs? Estes?
Bob Kaplow
So is out of date milk, and spoiled produce. But 50% or more of what gets shipped from the Mfgr to the store? I doubt it!
What gets me is the expiration dates placed on the packages of aged cheese. I deliberately stock-pile them to get sharper cheese. Even the stuff I buy in WI from NARCON this weekend gets aged longer in my fridge. We had a chunk of Maytag "Baby Swiss" that got lost. I found it last summer, and ate it. Any one else would probably pitched it. It was a bit grainy, an amber liquid had collected in the holes, and I had to cut off the outside surfaces. it was the best, sharpest swiss I've ever eaten. Maybe the best cheese I've ever eaten. I ended up calling Maytag, and they said I last ordered in March of 1990, just after we moved to the new house. So it was 14 year old swiss! Now, where can I get more? We did get some 8 year old Cheddar during the NARCON trip.
Bob Kaplow

Site Timeline