National Sport Launch Update! 18 days to go...

There are only 18 days left to go until National Sport Launch 2004 in Hearne, Texas, and things are coming together quite nicely. Today's update will highlight the support we will have in place for both HP and model rocket flying...

The waiver: thanks to the generous support of our friends to the east, NSL '04 will be taking place under the NASA/Houston Rocket Club's waiver. Rockets up to M impulse can be supported at the Hearne Municipal Airport, and the altitude limit is a lofty 12,500'.

The HP ranges: NSL '04 will feature dual High Power ranges, allowing almost continuous flying throughout the three-day event! Both the north and south ranges will have pads stationed at 100', 200', and

500', and the south range will also feature a 1000' away cell for complex and high-flying projects. The range has been configured to allow flying from one range while the other range loads. Both ranges will operate using a innovative digital wireless launch control system, developed by AARG's Dan Miner (Dan will discuss this in a future NSL Update.)

The HP range will also have extensive support for hybrid rockets, courtesy of Tim Sapp of Sapp'n Your Time. Alex Mericas will offer a complete overview of the hybrid plan in a future NSL Update.

The Model Rocket range: NHRC has stepped up again, graciously allowing the use of the state's best model rocket range system to support fliers in the lower impulse range. In addition, a separate pad will be located in a grassy area to support delicate and complex model rockets (word has it that Warren Benson will be making the maiden flight of his Apogee Saturn V from this pad!)

For more information, please visit the NSL '04 website at:

aarg.org/nsl

If you have any questions, please shoot them my way!

James

_______________________ James Duffy National Sport Launch 2004 Event Director snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

Reply to
James Duffy