National Sport Launch '04 site change...

Fellow Rocket People,
After careful consideration, the Austin Area Rocketry Group has elected to move the 2004 National Sport Launch from McGregor, Texas to Hearne,
Texas. The date will remain the same: Memorial Day Weekend, May 29-31, 2004.
The unpredictability of waiver issues at the McGregor site has led us to this decision. In addition, the paved surfaces at the Hearne airport launch site will insure that NSL '04 can take place in just about any weather conditions short of a monsoon.
Special thanks go out the our friends at the Dallas Area Rocket Society, who were instrumental in assisting with the original bid, and the NASA/Houston Rocket Club, who assisted greatly in making the alternate site available.
It's going to be a great launch, so mark Memorial Day weekend on your calendar!
For additional info, please check the NSL website as it is updated over the next few weeks:
http://aarg.org/nsl /
James
_______________________ James Duffy National Sport Launch 2004 Event Director snipped-for-privacy@mac.com
Yea, right now in Taiwan I wouldnt be able to launch anything if I had all the right stuff... rains too damm much... been raining almost everyday last week. and when monsoon comes... 3 months of nonstop rain.. well at least bottle rockets can be launched in almost any weather condition except a typhoon and its more readily available...

Hey Tai Fu, email me.
Are you hinting at ITAR?
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
"default" < snipped-for-privacy@thenet.com> wrote in message
Fred Shecter wrote:

I thought Taiwan was on our side...?
-dave w
I think I'll stick to bottle rockets... more readily available and less trouble with authorities... sides in the military they probably let you use RPG's... at least I know they let you use the hand tossed ones...
tai fu wrote:

Just for fun, try clustering and/or staging bottle rockets. Or just plain "rocket salvos".
As a member of the the NSL committee, I can assure you there will be no fireworks at the National Sports Launch.
tai fu wrote:

--
Alex Mericas

Not even bottle rocket fights?

no
No M1939's duct taped to 2 x 4's??
Tom

Tom Binford wrote:

A 4"x4" might be a better choice. :)

So that is a Dave Grayvis safety check issue?

RSO is GOD

RSO is GOD