ROL NEWS--Apogee Components Announces E6 and F10 Motors

Apogee Components Announces E6 and F10 Motors February 4, 2004 Web posted at: 8:02 PM EST

(ROL Newswire) -- Apogee Components is announcing that the long-burn E6 and F10 composite propellant motors are now back in production, and are available for immediate shipment.

Both the E6 and the F10 are unique in that they have tremendously long burn times compared to other rocket motors. The 24mm diameter E6 has a burn time of 7.2 seconds, while the 29mm diameter F10 burns nearly 8 seconds (measured: 7.8 seconds). The advantage of this is that a lightweight rocket can literally travel out of sight. The F10 engine, in the Apogee Aspire rocket kit can easily travel over 1 mile high!

These are the only end-burning composite propellant motors available. Like a black powder end-burning motor, they produce an initial high-thrust spike to get the rocket off the launch rod, and then they have a long sustainer phase to push the rocket to high altitudes. Both motors are available in delays of 4, 6, or 8 seconds.

For more information about these rocket engines, visit the Apogee Components web site at:

Source: ROL Newswire Service

Reply to
ROL News

NAR Certified.

U.S. Rockets makes several kits suited to these motors.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

US Rockets has a G008 that puts both to shame.

Reply to
Reece Talley

I have received NUMEROUS emails on this. The F10 and E6 (I was the FIRST dealer) are NAR certified.

Yes errortech has changed from NV to TX to UT and, to Ellis-TX and to AT-UT and to RCS-UT, but until NAR changes the listing they are certified and the G008 (a vastly superior motor) is not.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How is it "vastly" superior?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

What are the specs on the G008?

Reply to
Beanboy

You mean IF they existed?

Jerry Irvine

Moot point. Ya can't get 'em and ya can't burn 'em at NAR launches.

There it is.

Reply to
Tim Burger

Now if we could just get Tim to bring back those wonderful 10.5mm motors we'd be all set!

Regards! Tim

Reply to
Tim Burger

Merely offer him double the price. That's about what it would take.

And no whining.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Alex Mericas

David; Is US Rockets a brand name or a company?

steve

Reply to
default

I asked him why and he told me. I am assuming that was a private conversation.

I suggested a solution in public to the whole product line. Not sure if it is the ONLY solution but I am willing to bet.

Are you ready for a $5+ B? My kid is.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Alex Mericas wrote in news:bvth4j$hjc$ snipped-for-privacy@news.btv.ibm.com:

I think it had more to do with him being overextended trying to get the Saturn V and Saturn 1B kits out, and the relatively low demand (BTCs, mostly) for these motors.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Oh Jerry, you are privy to so many snippets of lore. I wish I was as infamous as you!

steve

Reply to
default

HOLLY CRAP !! $14 and $18 dollars !!!

I won't be flying those anytime soon. I did not pay that much for the H128 I used 2 years ago !!

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

hey jerry all kidding aside. I am interested in one of these motors. how much are they ?

also is it under 62grams of propellant I know I should not need permits and crap but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Look on the bright side: that's just $2.31 per second of burn...

Reply to
NaCl

$20 Under 62.5g and last made in 1999. (CSFM permit)

Hundreds out there but a lot got flown this year due to increased awareness. You have to find a third party seller.

only about 93% reliable.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Aren't monopolies great?