Odd-roc parts at Pat Catans

If there's anyone out there that's ever considered building an egg shaped rocket and hasn't yet, well, get yer butt to Pat Catans. Right
now they have plastic easter eggs that measure 16" long. Price, about $4. More important, they're American made! No Estes out-sourcing to the mandarin sushi-suckers. The ones I found were pink or lime in color (I got a lime one) and they weigh in at just less than a pound. Much as everyone thinks my little C6 powered styro-egg is a hoot, this version ought to have folks rolling in the dirt when it lights off on high power! ;-p
Chuck
damn, looks like the closet one is in Ohio. Unfortunately, I am in Wisconsin

wait till a week after easter, zak. S-mart will have all sorts of eggs on sale. last year I found a flattened Egg that will eventually become thunderbird 2
--
Tater(shop smart, shop at S-mart!)
KC9ESF

Any one from Ohio coming to NARCON next week? Perhaps we can import some of these.
"To enslave men, successfully and safely, it is necessary to have their minds occupied with thoughts and aspirations short of the liberty of which they are deprived. A certain degree of attainable good must be kept before them." Frederick Douglas, "My Bondage and My Freedom," 1855
Be sure to get your Homeland Security Import/Export paperwork and all proper local, county, state, and federal permits first.
writes:

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:51:22 -0500, Zathras of the Great Machine

Chris Taylor did it years ago.

Who/where are these folks...
"To enslave men, successfully and safely, it is necessary to have their minds occupied with thoughts and aspirations short of the liberty of which they are deprived. A certain degree of attainable good must be kept before them." Frederick Douglas, "My Bondage and My Freedom," 1855
Bob Kaplow wrote:

I don't know, but I got one the other day at Hobby Lobby, an I saw them at Michaels also.
Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR

I just saw an Egg rocket fly today.
seemed about 16" tall.
very squirmy I might add, all over the sky and humpty dumped into the ground about 100 yards to the east of the pads.
AlMax wrote:

Needs more nose weight. I poured a couple of ounces of epoxy in the nose of my 14" Egg, and it flies great on E-G engines. Haven't tried an H yet, though.
http://mouser.org/gallery/zia200410/LastFlightBeforeTheRain http://mouser.org/gallery/zia200412/MarkEggG64
Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR
Well if you liked that, you're gonna love the fact that at "Marc's", you can get the same egg for $1.96, they have it in white, yellow and pink. I kinda see it as a Flash Gordon-esque bulbous thing. Bought three of 'em already. They also have all plastic crayon banks --- $1.96 as well --- that are 36" longs and about 5" in diameter. You can't get this much fun anywhere else.
Al
--
Motion Picture Special Effects
www.alternative-realities.com

OK, what/where is "Marc's"...
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, except to encourage attendance in Christian churches; or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, except to require prayer in schools; or abridging the freedom of speech, except for those questioning the Bush administration; or of the press, except that not owned by Rupert Murdoch; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, except those protesting pre-emptive wars; and to petition the government for a redress of grievance, except those we don't like." -former U.S. Sen. Gary Hart
Bob,
Here ya go. It is a regional thing, it appears...
http://www.marcs.com/base.cfm
Alan
Zathras would be in close proximity, since he knows about Pat Catan's. Which appears to be Ohio and Pennsylvania:
http://www.patcatans.com /
Missed Pat Catan's in particular. In California, was used to paying $5.00 or more for any shade of acrylic paint... at Pat Catan's, even the more expensive shades are regularly priced at $3.00 or less. Add in the Pat Catan's V.I.P. Club discount ($20.00 yearly fee gets you 50% off white tag items, which is nearly everything) and you pay dirt cheap prices. Considering I do rockets, and have a two year old and a four year old, I can buy a lot of fun there for a couple of bucks.
Al