Odd-roc parts at Pat Catans

If there's anyone out there that's ever considered building an egg shaped rocket and hasn't yet, well, get yer butt to Pat Catans. Right now they have plastic easter eggs that measure 16" long. Price, about $4. More important, they're American made! No Estes out-sourcing to the mandarin sushi-suckers. The ones I found were pink or lime in color (I got a lime one) and they weigh in at just less than a pound. Much as everyone thinks my little C6 powered styro-egg is a hoot, this version ought to have folks rolling in the dirt when it lights off on high power! ;-p

Chuck

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

damn, looks like the closet one is in Ohio. Unfortunately, I am in Wisconsin

Reply to
Jason Hommrich

wait till a week after easter, zak. S-mart will have all sorts of eggs on sale. last year I found a flattened Egg that will eventually become thunderbird 2

Reply to
tater schuld

Chris Taylor did it years ago.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Who/where are these folks...

Bob Kaplow

Any one from Ohio coming to NARCON next week? Perhaps we can import some of these.

Bob Kaplow

I don't know, but I got one the other day at Hobby Lobby, an I saw them at Michaels also.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

Be sure to get your Homeland Security Import/Export paperwork and all proper local, county, state, and federal permits first.

Reply to
nitram578

I just saw an Egg rocket fly today.

seemed about 16" tall.

very squirmy I might add, all over the sky and humpty dumped into the ground about 100 yards to the east of the pads.

Reply to
AlMax

Well if you liked that, you're gonna love the fact that at "Marc's", you can get the same egg for $1.96, they have it in white, yellow and pink. I kinda see it as a Flash Gordon-esque bulbous thing. Bought three of 'em already. They also have all plastic crayon banks --- $1.96 as well --- that are 36" longs and about 5" in diameter. You can't get this much fun anywhere else.

Al

Reply to
Alan Tuskes

OK, what/where is "Marc's"...

Bob Kaplow

Bob,

Here ya go. It is a regional thing, it appears...

Alan

Zathras would be in close proximity, since he knows about Pat Catan's. Which appears to be Ohio and Pennsylvania:

Missed Pat Catan's in particular. In California, was used to paying $5.00 or more for any shade of acrylic paint... at Pat Catan's, even the more expensive shades are regularly priced at $3.00 or less. Add in the Pat Catan's V.I.P. Club discount ($20.00 yearly fee gets you 50% off white tag items, which is nearly everything) and you pay dirt cheap prices. Considering I do rockets, and have a two year old and a four year old, I can buy a lot of fun there for a couple of bucks.

Al

Reply to
Alan Tuskes

Needs more nose weight. I poured a couple of ounces of epoxy in the nose of my 14" Egg, and it flies great on E-G engines. Haven't tried an H yet, though.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR

Reply to
Mark Hamilton