OlderAdept ALTS2? Need Help!

The only way I can get this altimeter to power up is to move the Jumper off the Altitude block(3 pin) on to the the next set of pins(250 on 750 off) It will not power up with any of the wires from the 5 pin connection block. Anyone have the instructions for the older version?

TIA

Reply to
Tim Summers

Tim,

Yes... I've have used one of the early ALTS2 for years. The J1 3 pin block is simply the ON/OFFswitch. Thing to do is wire a remote switch to a 2 or 3 pin connector. There is no 250/750 setting. It's hardcoded at 250 for the ALTS2 and

750 for the ALTS2-50K.

Also the Charges are as follows on the J2 5 pin block... Pin 1 (Black) & Pin 2 (Brown) are charge #1. Pin 4 (Orange) and Pin 5 (Yellow) are charge #2. Pin 3 (red) is not used.

NOTE: On the earlier version you need to Arm the ALTS-2 BEFORE any charges are hooked up (or switched on)! If the charges are hooked up before you turn it on chances are you're going to fire the charge(s)! Been there, done that, seen it happen to others. :(

If you need the spec sheet(s) drop me a line and I'll scan them for you.

Douglas Caskey Vice President - Buffalo Rocket Society Inc.

The views expressed are my own, and do not neccessarily represent those of the Buffalo Rocket Society

Reply to
RocketWeb

I have a couple of copies of the instructions. I will drop them off at Commonwealth Displays for you on Friday...When I make the usual Friday pilgremage to the Detroit area Rocket Mecca.... Or I can scan them for you on Friday ( The directionas are at home and I am in LA). I also believe that they are available online via the adept website....

Mark A Palmer TRA 08542....L3

Congrats on your LEUP...Saw Dangerous Dan carrying your new 75/6000 case out of CWD on Friday....I am so jealous....

Tim Summers wrote:

Reply to
Mark A Palmer

Yeah $255 I should not have spent if I would have known Dan and I were getting shitcanned from our jobs today.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Summers

No Tim we were not Shit can from the job they just thought that people that kissed ass need the job more.

Dan McCullough TRA # 7963 L2

Reply to
Dangerous Dan