OT: Mongo big geomagnetic storm in progress

We may get another shot at an auroral display again tonight, if current geomagnetic activity persists. Today we've been treated to one of the most intense geomagnetic storms on record, thanks to the two large sunspot groups which have reappeared after transversing the far side of the sun. You'll recall a few weeks ago, when these same groups played havoc with communications, knocking out or degrading several satellites, and creating several intense aurorae. Looks like we may be in for even more fireworks!

Reply to
BB