OT song title question

I have an old RB song running through my head from maybe 72-73. The lyric goes something like "I don't want no gold watch for working 20 years from

9-5" I also seem to recall a line that went something like "Bam, no questions asked". Do any of you remember this song and if so, what was the title or artist.
Reply to
Reece Talley

"A Natural Man" - Lou Rawls

Dale Greene SPAAR 503

Reply to
Dale Greene

Dale, thanks. That was it.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Due to inflation, it now takes 25 years to get your gold watch.

Reply to
David

Interesting....do you think that because of his death this week, the song was placed into your mind (from a media retrospective/story you might have been exposed to)?

Reply to
Greg Heilers