places to buy

I finally decided it was time to get rockets for my kids. I have been away from the hobby for many many years. I used to buy stuff from local hobby stores. Those seem to have gone the way of the dinasour. Where is a good (cheaper is even better) place to buy parts, specifically engines online?

Mike

Reply to
It's Only Me

I'd first recommend supporting any local hobby stores you may have (you didn't give a location, so that shoots down anyone recommending one). Secondarily, try and support whoever might be supporting any local rocketry clubs that you have. Barring that, for engines, I've had great service from Commonwealth Displays, A2Z Hobbies, eHobbies, Red Arrow Hobbies, and a few others that I'm sure folks will chime in on.

As far as the actual rockets, in addition to what you may be familiar with (Estes, etc.), there are new vendors out there now such as FlisKits, Sunward, Apogee, etc.

David Erbas-White

It's > I finally decided it was time to get rockets for my kids. I have been

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I've been buying my rockets from a Hobby Town but I can't get there very often.

I live near Minneapolis.

Mike

Reply to
It's Only Me

um, try the hobby lobby that is at (argh, white bear ave?).

bring cash, lots of it. you will regret not bringing more.

Reply to
tater schuld

Try WalMart - they have the basic A through C motors, and they may even have a few kits available. I don't remember ever seeing *parts* there, though. You may also find kits and motors at your local Michael's Arts & Crafts.

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett