protecting igniters

What was the temperature? In order for the mixture to dry properly, the binder (usually nitrocellulose) must dissolve in the acetone. If the
temperature is lower than 90 degrees, it can take many hours for the nitrocellulose to dissolve. If you dip the igniters before the binder is dissolved, the nitrocellulous will remain powdery, rather than forming a smoothe kind of glue/binder.
-- David

The Rocketflite / Firestar folks use PlastiDip.
"To enslave men, successfully and safely, it is necessary to have their minds occupied with thoughts and aspirations short of the liberty of which they are deprived. A certain degree of attainable good must be kept before them." Frederick Douglas, "My Bondage and My Freedom," 1855
Your typical igniter kit comes in three parts, metallic fuel mixture, oxidizer, and binder, usually NC lacquer powder that you mix with acetone to dissolve.
First you wet out your metals with the liquid binder, then add oxidizer.
Mike Fisher
TJ wrote:

I don't know current availability status, but the Igniterman kits include (included?) a lacquer that was specifically made for that. (Evidently some kinds of lacquer, such as nitrocellulose, cause the pyrogen to pop off instead of flaring properly... Rob found one that didn't.)
-dave w