protecting igniters

Dip the dried igniter in clear nail polish. That will harden the surface but will not harm the igniter.

Reply to
Reece Talley

I do not know what went wrong, but no pyrogen I've used has done that.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to try that.

Tom Sak

Reply to
TJ

What was the temperature? In order for the mixture to dry properly, the binder (usually nitrocellulose) must dissolve in the acetone. If the temperature is lower than 90 degrees, it can take many hours for the nitrocellulose to dissolve. If you dip the igniters before the binder is dissolved, the nitrocellulous will remain powdery, rather than forming a smoothe kind of glue/binder.

Reply to
David