pyro doj letter questions

What makes you think that is not yet another "common practice" that is just "tolerated in the field" independent of the actual regs?
Jerry
It's a filter, fool wrote:

I should add that I don't appreciate the inference -- I'm not an idiot, and I'm someone who actually READS contracts before signing them. When buying a house once, I refused to sign a certain contract - the contractor (they were new homes) assured me they had been using that contract for ten years, and that lawyers had thoroughly checked it out, etc. I was finally able to convince him (and their lawyer) that they way it was worded (accidentally, I'm sure, but it WAS there) was that I had to pay them $150/day for every day they were late completing construction of my new home...
David Erbas-White

Refer that contract to Tripoli. They love punishing their "clients" too.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, Do you even read a thread before you post you irrelevant BS?
Oh well, holiday is over. The weasel is back.

Current situations.
Based in practice, no need to cite rules or lack of rules, just want happens in most places today.
People buy and store Grains for easy access, 29mm and 38mm motors with NO leups.
Many online sources will ship you these for a hasmat charge and L1 proof.
For grains in "restricted access" like 54mm, 75mm , 98mm and 150mm,
A LEUP is needed to store.
You can use them under the supervision of a LEUP or LEDP, just like blasters in mines do.
Now, YMMV.
but this is the practice in most of the land.
the Republic of KaliMall has more rules you must follow.

That is clearly Aerotech's and Tripoli's fault.
criminally insane jerry wrote:

Since neither Aerotech or Tripoli write federal law, nor control ATF enforcement of federal law, how could it be Aerotech's or Tripoli's fault?
Except maybe in your glue addled mind.

Yes.
No, you just have to store then in a Type 4 magazine. You don't need a LEUP unless you did NOT make them for your own individual use, or if you want to transport them across state lines.

person
The ATF does not say a permit is required for the storage of explosive material manufactured for one's own use. You might read #3 again: http://www.atf.gov/explarson/0504rocketryqa.pdf
You must store explosives per regulations but that does not mean you have to have a permit to do so.
They DO state that one IS needed to transport the manufactured explosives which pretty much leaves you in the same state,... unless you assemble them into an exempt assembly.
And I assume you read that little note on rec.pyro that courts were applying the interstate 'rules' to the purchase of components used to manufacture the explosives and nailing people that way?