HPR Magazine

Hello All,
Can someone help me figure out the recent publishing history of HPR magazine?
I re-joined the TRA a while ago (August I believe) and received my
membership stuff around the middle of September. In the membership package was included two issues of HPR magazine. One was the March 2001 (vol. 15 No. 8) issue, which consists entirely of an index of past issues, and the other is the June 2003 (vol. 34 no. 5) issue, which has one article about steam rockets and another about liquid rockets. The March issue is a full size magazine (8.5" x 11") and the June issue is a smaller, non-standard format (6.75" x 9.5"). None of them had any HPR content at all. And why send out a March 2001 issue in September 2003?
Since then I've received one more issue; July 2003 (vol. 34 no. 6). This issue is also in the smaller format. It also consists mainly of liquid rocket information, although it does have one HPR article about the Springfest 2003 launch. The liquid rocket articles are interesting, but they have nothing to do with HPR
Today is November 29, 2003, and so far I've received issues up to June 2003. So where are the July, August, September, October, and November issues? Have any of you received these issues? Is this small non-standard format going to continue?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Michael Newton
You'll get a lot of political TRA bashing in response, but you won't get an answer.
The people who control the magazine don't post here. Why don't you contact them?
-- David

Funny.

an
Please, tell me paying for and not receiving a magazine is not worthy of bashing. He could have bought a nice rocket for that subscription price. But,.. it's right there on the application, now isn't it? If TRA is hanging on to the money until an issue is generated, how are they not responsible?
Joel. phx

contact
It is clear who "controls" the magazine. Contact the United States Post Office and file a mail fraud complaint.
Joel. phx

[snip]

Joel,
I don't want to help destroy one of the only magazines that's worth reading. In fact I'd send them a donation if I weren't worried about loosing my job in the very near future.
I just wanted to know if I was missing any issues that others have received so I could ask the publishers to send them to me.
I love it when I get an HPR magazine in the mail. Even the anemic shadow-of-its-once-glorious self that HPR is today is a thousand times better than any of the crappy, banal magazines that my wife seems to enjoy. I mean honestly, who gives a damn which bimbo Russell Crow is sleeping with lately anyway?
Regards, Michael Newton
It's already destroyed. Not a single page in this issue deal with HPR.
Phil Stein
On 30 Nov 2003 11:12:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com (Michael Newton) wrote:

Phil Stein
By content, I was refering to the articles. I hope you & the other advertisers didn't take offense.
While on the subject, I request that you not advertise in HPR since it is not about HPR, You get more milage from your involvment in the forums. It costs you nothing & we all appreciate your active involvement. My appreciation also extends to my motor purchases.
Phil Stein
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:41:42 -0500, "Anthony Cesaroni"

Phil Stein

You are the sole and only help!!
snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com (Michael Newton) wrote:

It's not worth reading. It has no HPR content and painfully few ads.

Thank god you are worried about your job!

Yes I agree.

Jerry
snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com (Michael Newton) writes:

I would if I could pick up his hand-me-downs...
:-)
Oh, it is absolutely worthy of bashing. But why punish the poor RMR readers, rather than the perp?
This is just like my SO railing on and on to ME about something that happened at the grocery store or shopping mall. I find it equally annoying.
-- David

get
of
price.
Post
To me, this is more important than spam. Would you like to know that HPR is publishing 100% nonrocketry content before or after you spend $52?
Phil Stein
Phil Stein

After. I love surprises. Especially promised 12 and delivered 6 or less surprise.
Maybe if enough people don't get what they pay for, and go after legal remedies, we'd fix the problem. Rather than complaining about it amongst ourselves endlessly.
-- David

Dozens of jurisdictions. Dozens of filing fees that meet or exceed the individual loss. Dozens of lost days at work. It is that difficulty of getting justice that prevents justice.
Of course the entity charged with resolving it, the TRAI BOD refuses to do it collectively for all members as a group because they CAUSED and MAINTAIN the problem as a matter of policy.
Jerry

David,
There does seem to be a lot of bashing going around. My guess is that you should probably thank the BATFE and a few posturing politicians for most of the violence. Obviously our hobby is under serious attack by these short-sighted nitwits. This causes stress, tempers flare, words get said, yada, yada Actually, you could probably boil it down to a very few individuals (3-4 at a guess) within the ATF and congress that are the real problem. If the people doing all the bashing would redirect that anger toward these specific individuals then something good might actually come of it. We're bashing each other over the head when we should be bashing them' over head. <g>
Regards, Michael Newton
Wrong. For most people the BATF is nothing more than an inconvience. I realize it sucks for those that want & can't get a LEUP, but there are ways to get a non storage LEUP.
HPR has been ripping TRA members off for years. A little over a year ago, there was a plan to fix it. Once again Kelly lied & reipped off the subscribers.
DO NOT SUBSCRIBE to HPR!!
Phil Stein
On 30 Nov 2003 10:49:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com (Michael Newton) wrote:

Phil Stein
this used to be the case, but has not been since May 24, 2003
non-storage LEUPS are no longer offered. All LEUPS require storage, but the storage requirement can be met by "contigency storage"
see this excerpt from the instructions included in the application
ATF Form 5400.13/5400.16 Revised February 2003
--
10. For item 22 use the attached Exposives Magazine Description
Worksheet to describe each storage facility (magazine). You may