HPR Magazine

sheesh guys...just fill out the form, the more the merrier...

Let them sort out what the story is....or isn't......

shockie B(

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

David,

There does seem to be a lot of bashing going around. My guess is that you should probably thank the BATFE and a few posturing politicians for most of the violence. Obviously our hobby is under serious attack by these short-sighted nitwits. This causes stress, tempers flare, words get said, yada, yada? Actually, you could probably boil it down to a very few individuals (3-4 at a guess) within the ATF and congress that are the real problem. If the people doing all the bashing would redirect that anger toward these specific individuals then something good might actually come of it. We're bashing each other over the head when we should be bashing ?them' over head.

Regards, Michael Newton

Reply to
Michael Newton

Wrong. For most people the BATF is nothing more than an inconvience. I realize it sucks for those that want & can't get a LEUP, but there are ways to get a non storage LEUP.

HPR has been ripping TRA members off for years. A little over a year ago, there was a plan to fix it. Once again Kelly lied & reipped off the subscribers.

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE to HPR!!

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Joel,

I don't want to help destroy one of the only magazines that's worth reading. In fact I'd send them a donation if I weren't worried about loosing my job in the very near future.

I just wanted to know if I was missing any issues that others have received so I could ask the publishers to send them to me.

I love it when I get an HPR magazine in the mail. Even the anemic shadow-of-its-once-glorious self that HPR is today is a thousand times better than any of the crappy, banal magazines that my wife seems to enjoy. I mean honestly, who gives a damn which bimbo Russell Crow is sleeping with lately anyway?

Regards, Michael Newton

Reply to
Michael Newton

Brian,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, even back when I first started in high-power rocketry the magazine was a bit sporadic. Back then it was mostly that they didn't always arrive on time. But I believe that's to be expected when our hobby is under attack by such a powerful and power-hungry organization as the BATFE, as well as a few vicious, self-serving, idiotic congressmen.

I have hope that high-power rocketry will someday enjoy the status and respect that it deserves. I believe that the closer we get to that point the better the magazine will become. Canceling my subscription would be the surest way of helping the anti-fun, anti-freedom, anti-rocketry zealots out there. Without subscribers the magazine will surely disappear, maybe even for good.

My 23 year old son was helping me clean my garage out the other day and he found the box containing my 5.5" Cluster R Sandhawk kit that's been sitting around for years. Now he's leaning on me to hand the kit over to him so that it "doesn't go to waste". IOW, he's getting the bug. I'd like the hobby and the magazine to be around for him to enjoy if does decide to get involved. Maybe even for his kids, and their kids, etc., etc..

Regards, Michael Newton

Reply to
Michael Newton

No, I'm just a software engineer. I normally count in decimal or hexadecimal, and sometimes octal or binary. Dog years are way beyond my limited capabilities.

Regards, Michael Newton

Reply to
Michael Newton

Iz,

Thank you for the very detailed reply. I did receive the August 2003 issue (it was hiding in the bathroom when I went looking) so it seems that I have received all of the releases to date. Thank you for helping me get this straightened out.

Regards, Michael Newton

Reply to
Michael Newton

this used to be the case, but has not been since May 24, 2003

non-storage LEUPS are no longer offered. All LEUPS require storage, but the storage requirement can be met by "contigency storage"

see this excerpt from the instructions included in the application

ATF Form 5400.13/5400.16 Revised February 2003

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

It's already destroyed. Not a single page in this issue deal with HPR.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

As temoting as it may be, don't flush it down the toilet.

Phil Ste>

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Oh, it is absolutely worthy of bashing. But why punish the poor RMR readers, rather than the perp?

This is just like my SO railing on and on to ME about something that happened at the grocery store or shopping mall. I find it equally annoying.

Reply to
David

So do you believe in the PAD exemption, or not? Do you believe that the current law requires one to get a LEUP to store rocket motors over 62.5g per grain?

Reply to
David

So may I further ask clarification of your position:

Do you recommend that people buy and store APCP rocket motors today as if they are not subject to a LEUP?

Is it your position that Mr Damareau should have challenged the ATFE on the point about his J350's being subject to a LEUP,

and is it also your position that you believe Mr Damareau whould have been found not guilty in court, setting a critical precident?

Isn't that the kind of test case we need????? The judge can sit on the lawsuit as long as he wants, but a judge cannot sit on a criminal case against a citizen as long as he wants. Well, in general he can't.

Reply to
David

And you have the option of not reading spam, but I bet you wish it didn't come in the first place.

Reply to
David

What if your vendor is the "approved contingency storage"? I.e., he will store and transport it for the purchaser to the place where it is to be ignited.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I've been thinking that - I don't think anyone wants the hassle of _volunteering_ to be the test case. (If the confrontation proved to be unavoidable, I'd certainly try to get all the traction I could out of it...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

When I got my LEUP 2 years ago, the BATF guy told mem that they don't give nonstorage LEUPs. It was my impression that they don't exist for rocketry. The NAR web site did talk about it but anyway that was my impression. I know of other people trying to get a nonstorage LEUP as I did. They got a similar story.

I agree that if they ever did exist they don't formally exist now. Now, it is possible to get a LEUP if you don't have storage if you have contigency storage.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Phil Ste>Phil, you misunderstand me (or didn't read the entire post)

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

sounds good to me.... perhaps this is a service that some vendors might want to make available for its customer base... I suppose they could even charge a small storage and transporation fee for the service.... Are there any vendors that provide this service? If Not, why not?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

To me, this is more important than spam. Would you like to know that HPR is publishing 100% nonrocketry content before or after you spend $52?

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

By content, I was refering to the articles. I hope you & the other advertisers didn't take offense.

While on the subject, I request that you not advertise in HPR since it is not about HPR, You get more milage from your involvment in the forums. It costs you nothing & we all appreciate your active involvement. My appreciation also extends to my motor purchases.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein