Re: Commercial motor manufacturing

After a week of silence, I think the answer is clear. Neither Dave nor Jerry has any knowledge of a legal, bonafide PAD manufacturer that operates without a LEMP.

steve

Reply to
default

I have, over and over.

Tripoli decertified one precisely on this basis alone.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You talking about Kosdon? TRA seems to have done this weird slow nasty flip-flop on him over the years... he started out with practically "teacher's pet" status but it turned into "you're not good enough for us any more unless you go get a bunch of new papers from the government to prove you're 'legitimate' after all"...

But that affair is perhaps a microcosm of the neurosis TRA seems to have developed, relative to its origins as an escape from the boundaries of the original "Model Rocket" paradigm... at some point, it seems to have decided that it had to re-invent its public self-image along the lines of NAR's whole trip, as if it thereby gained some sort of "legitimacy" that it had originally lacked.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Point.

Using illegal (extra-legal, extra-rule, extra-promise, extra-sense) basis and methods no less.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Note that both Steve Bloom and Ray Dunakin ignore the obvious in this case and despite my repeatedly offering this example act like it does not exist.

But it does.

Still.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

RayDunakin wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Total BS.. You were never a legal manufacture of anything pyrotechnic. DOT said so to me and then to you, in the form of a $40 gran to the man, "BIG Fine Irvine" fine.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

He wasn't talking about himself, he was talking about Frank.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Fred is fixated.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Would that be Frank 'I want to keep making them in my garage' Kosdon? It's VERY unlikely that he had a busniess permit to make propellant for rocket motors in his garage.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Frank, a legal manufacture of PADs??? Has Frank ever made such a claim?? I understood he claimed flammable solid status, but then on the other hand, he is a party to a DOT exemption, the same one A/T uses. I wonder why jerry never used that avenue?? Oh I know, TRA told the DOT to not let that happen(:-).

Fred

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

A: You don't know where he makes it. B: He has a state permit, and DOT. C: As you know ATF is not required by law. D: His motors are NAR certified

and here's the kicker.

His NAR certified motors are BANNED at TRA launches. The only banned certified motor I am aware of.

His TRA motors were decertified precisely because ATF permits are NOT required and he refused to get one to appease TRA (alone).

He probably saw where that got me.

Jerry

And nobody accuses me of being a Kosdon supporter, so I am certifiably unbiased in this matter.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Fred kows first hand why. Fred was charged with making it happen.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Please explain??

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Yes We do. In his residential garage.

What state permit?

Manufacturers require LEMPs

Some of his motors are.

Frank did not refuse to get a LEMP. The ATF would not issue one to a residential address.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Each of your replies demonstrates ignorance. Some to a small degree, some to a HUGE degree.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How do you know what I do or don't know?

Didn't say he doesn't. Does that equate to a permit that allows manufacture in his house?

Prove to me that you can manufacture a substence on the explosives list without a LEMP. Show me who has received a LEMP to manufacture in their garage.

I've seen them launched at TRA lanuches.

Poor Jerry

I doubt that you are unbiased in ANY matter.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Explain in detail.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I did. You ignored it. Over and over.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Actually, you did not. you repeatedly refuse to show any evidence. Over and over.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis