Re: Launch Pad Hawk Motor Mount Upgrade

Doug,

Great info. Thanks very much for this pointer! I'll take a look.

-Tim (TJD)

> > TJD wrote: > > > I will also upgrade to a 29mm motor mount > > > Only problem is that to support the > > tail cone section Launch Pad uses > > a non-standard 2" inner body tube > > inside the 2.56" airframe. > > > Any thoughts ? > > I suspect the 2" tube is ST-20. Totally > Tubular (
) > makes a universal ring (CR-U-f fiber and > CR-U-p plywood) which can be used to center > their 29mm MMT in ST-20. TT calls ST-20 > T-2.04", and 29mm MMT T-52H. This MMT is > the same as LOC's 29mm MMT. > > (Also, there's a typo in TT's centering > ring list. It says "T-53h". It should be > "T-52h".) > > I'd bet lunch that this ring will do the > trick. > > Doug
Reply to
TJD

Mike,

Very nice offer. I'm actually not in a hurry (I have two rockets to do ahead of this one). I don't have the wood working equipment to do centering rings myself but if you are doing it, maybe you could do a couple extra. What would you have in mind ($'s that is)?

-Tim (TJD)

Reply to
TJD

Reply to