Re: Mailorder shops

Beware of ones who tack on a $20 HAZMAT fee to shipping cost. I believe the

aforementioned

Hobbylinc adds HAZMAT fees for some engines.

I have ordered two big batches of Estes motors from Hobbylinc in the last few months, and neither time was I charged a HAZMAT fee.

From their web site

"Answers to shipping Questions on Rockery Engines." "We have had many customers question how the recent law changes concerning shipping and receiving of HAZMAT items affects our industry. Basically, we have not been affected by the new laws being passed down by the Home Land Security Act. These laws mostly refer to items shipped via UPS or FedEx (we ship engines via USPS surface mail) and are mostly directed at a different classification of Hazardous materials. We can still ship and you can still receive the engines that we stock. If any new laws are passed that do affect our current operations we will post that information here."

-- Bob Cox

Reply to
Bob Cox