Re: Regarding Aerotech RMS motor delays

Very important. we don't want a certification monopoly. We need more certifiers , not less.
Add pictures here
βœ–

motors
un-paid
organizations.
Ok...how about a counter proposal...have the manufacturers become ISO9001 certified to perform their own testing. That would eliminate any possibility of abuse wouldn't it ? The cost of ISO certification might well be a wash when compared against the existing certification process but we should probably do a KTA analysis to confirm that.
Boiled down, here's our situation. We are a fringe group who like to fly model rockets of various sizes. Ain't nobody gonna get rich selling us the whoosh generators we need but at the same time we need to know that the motors we use are safe and perform reliably.
Smaller motor suppliers could (for a fee) submit their products to an ISO certified company testing for a mutually-agreeable fee.
I think what I am driving at is consolidation of a motor certification process which I perceive is fragmented across the different organizations who are acting out of narrow self-interests, rather than what is best for the sport of model rocketry as a whole. So, you are correct. I am looking for a 'monopoly' to replace the extant 'competition'. Regardless of which organization (or none at all) we choose to affiliate with, our motor certifications should all stem from the same source data.
John<=Κn't we all just get along ?
Add pictures here
βœ–

If NFPA-1125 accepted it as criterion. The next opportunity to edit 1125 is three years + away.

I am more concerned about unfair than fragmented.
I am more concerned about intentionally unfair than fragmented.

STRONGLY AGREED.

βœ–

How much do you wish to pay for motors ?
Add pictures here
βœ–
David Erbas-White wrote:

accusing
I agree. Eliminating the current consumer-oriented orgs from the cert process will not make the process more "independent", it just changes who it's dependent upon.
Add pictures here
βœ–

and be ejected and be shunned and have false accusatons made against them

contact me if you are serious

TRA is bouyed by NAR and CAR refusing to do anything either actual or verbal about known, visible irregularities.

βœ–

Poor Jerry
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:34:07 -0700, David Erbas-White

We know Jerry won't do anything. If John wants it done, he has to do it.
Add pictures here
βœ–

It is a conflict of interest for a manufacturer to do the testing. I know because I have been on the receiving end of "mistreatment".
I can help start it, donate equipment, help write a procedure manual, but cannot "do it". Or won't.
I ran for TRA BOD once (didn't try very hard). I did not run a second time because I saw what Gary Rosenfield did while on the TRA BOD. It was unethical IMHO. YMMV.
Since then we have seen even far more gross examples of malfeasance by board members, particularly Kelly and Rogers and to a lesser extent Blazanin.
Jerry
βœ–
Jerry Irvine wrote:

I thought you said you did not manufacture, only designed motors?

Won't is the likely outcome.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Are you a manufacturer of motors?

WHat did Gary do?

Rogers is the only one of the 3 that you mentioned that is a BOD member. What did CHuck do?
Add pictures here
βœ–

I am an outsourcer wannabe.

Fetch.
Fetch.
βœ–
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Above, you claim to be a manufacturer.

jerry, stop playing with you "dog" and answer the question.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Phil Stein wrote:

He discovered the truth about jerry, and acted accordingly
Tough break, huh jerr'?
Add pictures here
βœ–

discovered?
We were all partners in Powertech.
Powertech was the motive.
It caused YOU to lie under oath and sell the motors you "held in trust".
Jerry
βœ–
Jerry Irvine wrote:

ROBERT L. WEISS, ESQ. BAR #118796 1001 Partridge Drive, Suite 105, Ventura, CA 9 3 003 (805) 650-1717
Attorney for: Plaintiff, Franklin Kosdon Bob Kloss, Brian Teeling, & John Lee
SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA FOR THE COUNTY OF VENTURA
FRANKLIN KOSDON; BOB P. KLOSS;) Case No. 117435 ) JUDGMENT BRIAN TEELING; and JOHN LEE ) Plaintiffs, ) vs. ) JERRY IRVINE, individually, ) and dba U.S. ROCKETS; ) JERRY IRVINE, dba POWERTECH; ) DOES 1-50, INCLUSIVE ) Defendants , ) ....
Where is Chuck's name mentioned?
Add pictures here
βœ–

.
Now are you denying he was a partner in Powertech?
ROFL
βœ–
Jerry Irvine wrote:

I did not say He never was, Chuck and Korey left on good terms with you, several years before.
They had no involvement in the trial, with the exception of, Chuck's brief appearance as a plaintiff witness.
Specifically, what would be Chuck's motive?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Hey, that kinda sounds like what I did when "big fine" asked for my help and I found out the truth.. I guess "big fine" will never learn, "not to take liberties with the truth"..(:-)
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sounds good. How about less talk and more action?
Add pictures here
βœ–