Anniversaries today

Almost let this slip through...

Today is the 44th anniversary of the first man in space, and the 24th anniversary of the first Space Shuttle launch.

Bob Kaplow

"Two decades from Gagarin, 20 years to the day, came a Shuttle named Columbia to help us find a way, and they said she's just a truck but she's a truck who's aimin' high, there was one small step and a Fire In the Sky."

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

"Two decades from Gagarin, 20 years to the day, came a Shuttle named Columbia to help us find a way, and they said she's just a truck but she's a truck who's aimin' high, there was one small step and a Fire In the Sky."

Although I prefer the acoustic version... Buy the CD anyway:

BillW

Reply to
Bill Westfield

Absolutely, I got a brain cramp remembering the artist.....Dr. Jordin Kare. And I have the "To Touch the Stars" CD from the fine folks at Prometheus. A purchase will support the artists who make the music, and the Mars Society

in it's efforts to move us back into space.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy