Re: ROL NEWS--AeroTech Assets Sold at Bankruptcy Auction

Ya know... I read this entire thread and no one seems to realize that

>since Gary won the auction, >Aerotech is his, and he can still do business under the Aerotech name.

The corporate parent will no longer be Aerotech. The corporate parent will now be RCS and Aerotech will just be a brand sold by RCS.

All of the legal paperwork was issued to the corporate entity Aerotech and some are questioning if the paperwork will be valid once RCS takes over.

I see no reason why Aerotech motors would need to be recertified just because RCS is making them.

I would rather Aerotech increase production and bring back more of thir product line than deal with recertifying everything. Now that bankruptcy is behind them, RCS/Aerotech is hiring a bunch of people to increase production.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I think that RCS will need to submit their paperwork to TMT/S&T at a minimum.... Legally (read insurance coverage), it is a completely different manufacturer, even though we all know it's still Gary...

Reply to
AZ Woody

Insurance isn't an element of NAR/TRA/NFPA "motor certification" requirements.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I believe Woody refers to TRA insurance, not the manufacturer's.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Uh, but I think that my NAR and/or TRA insurance will consider this is a claim is filed.

"Certification" and "Insurance" are hand in hand... And "insurance" doesn't mean that all is covered, even in the best case. Asked Gary how facility "Certification" and "Insurance" worked for him on a bigger scale!

If TMT/S&T issues and maintains cert based on paperwork from a defunct company, this could be bad,,,,,,

Motor Certification however IS an element of insurance (for the national orgs)!

Reply to
AZ Woody

Yup.. But I'd include NAR too!

Reply to
AZ Woody

And now CAR too.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This begs the question: Will the suppliers for AT decline any sales to RCS? Maybe only on COD?

What if RCS now owns AT but cant get AP because the supplier simply says no.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Hmm, does this mean that RCS could give a "AT motor making class". Teach you "The method of weighing, mixing, casting, etc". Then you can MFG in a new location 'Your house'. And these loads would be certified??

Also RCS will be making reloads for AT hardware. Does this open the doors for other MFG's to do the same? Make loads for AT hardware.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

What about current AT loads?? If I have a CATO am I SOL?? AT was desolved of its depts, including any claims against prior work, right?

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Cesaroni is making 75mm and 98mm reloads that will work in Aerotech cases with Cesaroni closures. Rumors are that AMW will also be making reloads for Aerotech cases.

The Tripoli BOD approved this some time ago.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

How does TRA BOD even have "jurisdiction" to decide?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think they were careful to ONLY stiff investors. Ask Derek Gates and John Coker what they think of the asset sale for a penny on the dollar!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Call them.

E-Mail them.

Ask the questions. (you could even ask them on the ROL General Discussion forum)

Tell us what answers they provide.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Other manufactures already make certified loads for AT hardware! Plus RCS now holds the patents for AT hardware , so it is a little different than the others...IMHO

Erik Gates

Reply to
Erik Gates

Jerry, They decided they had no jurisdiction, and left it up to the companies to either agree or dispute it in court...

Are they allowed jurisdiction to decide if they have jurisdiction??? :-)

Erik Gates

Reply to
Erik Gates

Oh quite the fear-mongering-FUDipulation, for crite's sake. Fly your motors, lose your rockets, nothing has changed. If you did'nt have problems with Aerotech in the past, you won't now. If you -did- have problems with them in the past, then maybe this is a good time to do some personal inventory taking of your own and clean up your act.

steve

Reply to
default

Better still ask those other companies that make reloads for brand A cases what their policy is.

Joel. phx

--

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Technically, RCS would not have to honor warranties on Aerotech motors made before the sale to RCS as I highly doubt the sale included that liability.

I can't imagine RCS will not honor warranties because of the ill will it would generate.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Good answer.

Now if only they would do that with ATF and DOT this industry would triple in size.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine