Re: ROL NEWS--AeroTech Assets Sold at Bankruptcy Auction

The corporate parent will no longer be Aerotech. The corporate parent will now be RCS and Aerotech will just be a brand sold by RCS.
All of the legal paperwork was issued to the corporate entity Aerotech and some are questioning if the paperwork will be valid once RCS takes over.
I see no reason why Aerotech motors would need to be recertified just because RCS is making them.
I would rather Aerotech increase production and bring back more of thir product line than deal with recertifying everything. Now that bankruptcy is behind them, RCS/Aerotech is hiring a bunch of people to increase production.
Brian Elfert
I think that RCS will need to submit their paperwork to TMT/S&T at a minimum.... Legally (read insurance coverage), it is a completely different manufacturer, even though we all know it's still Gary...
writes:

AZ Woody wrote:

Insurance isn't an element of NAR/TRA/NFPA "motor certification" requirements.
-dave w

I believe Woody refers to TRA insurance, not the manufacturer's.
Joel. phx

Yup.. But I'd include NAR too!

And now CAR too.
What about current AT loads?? If I have a CATO am I SOL?? AT was desolved of its depts, including any claims against prior work, right?
RDH8

Technically, RCS would not have to honor warranties on Aerotech motors made before the sale to RCS as I highly doubt the sale included that liability.
I can't imagine RCS will not honor warranties because of the ill will it would generate.
Brian Elfert
Brian Elfert wrote:

not to mention the impact it would have on product already in the distribution pipeline
- iz
if you are worried about your reloads CATOing, send them to me :)
--
Tater (CATOs are an assumed risk in HPR, go collect stamps if you wanna be
safe)

<snip>
Thanks Joe, I suspected that would be the case, but the question needed to be asked.
RDH8
Uh, but I think that my NAR and/or TRA insurance will consider this is a claim is filed.
"Certification" and "Insurance" are hand in hand... And "insurance" doesn't mean that all is covered, even in the best case. Asked Gary how facility "Certification" and "Insurance" worked for him on a bigger scale!
If TMT/S&T issues and maintains cert based on paperwork from a defunct company, this could be bad,,,,,,
Motor Certification however IS an element of insurance (for the national orgs)!

Call them.
E-Mail them.
Ask the questions. (you could even ask them on the ROL General Discussion forum)
Tell us what answers they provide.
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117 http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=shreadvector -- """Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Oh quite the fear-mongering-FUDipulation, for crite's sake. Fly your motors, lose your rockets, nothing has changed. If you did'nt have problems with Aerotech in the past, you won't now. If you -did- have problems with them in the past, then maybe this is a good time to do some personal inventory taking of your own and clean up your act.
steve

I think that AT is past due for their triannual motor recertifications anyway.

see
This begs the question: Will the suppliers for AT decline any sales to RCS? Maybe only on COD?
What if RCS now owns AT but cant get AP because the supplier simply says no.
RDH8

I think they were careful to ONLY stiff investors. Ask Derek Gates and John Coker what they think of the asset sale for a penny on the dollar!
Jerry

I thought the idea was to stiff lawyers and plaintiffs.