Rocket hunter sux customer no-service

You must ship "fragile items". UPS hardly ever destroys "machine parts".

However they are my best customer for product sales.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Agreed. If I really felt the inclination/motivation, it would not be very hard to track him down, given his frequency of posting here... but why bother? I don't even waste the effort of KF... simply not replying to a troll tends to put all the stress on the troller to get attention... and eventually they find better things to do, or cease being a troll.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Reply to
Jerry Hunnicutt

Shipping choices are made by the shipper. IMHO as long as the shipper retains ownership of all delivery issues until it's in my hands, I really don't care what method they use.

But I would agree that USPS is a LOT better than they used to be and the UPS ain't what they used to be, and hasn't been since they first went on strike. For home delivery, I'd much prefer USPS than UPS especially when dealing with missed deliveries. When someone insists on sending me stuff UPS, I usually have them deliver it to my office.

Bob Kaplow

This is why USPS who are realists should be trusted exclusively if they approve something. They are after all, an entirely different JURISDICTION than DOT, much like DoD is.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It would be nice if all shippers could operate under the same rules as the government shipper. That would eliminate all the HAZMAT fees from UPS et al.

Bob Kaplow

All of that common sense is against NAR, TRA, NFPA rules. Why?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There's nothing better than FedEx Ground, plus it's cheaper than UPS.

-Boomer

Boomer

I'd take USPS priority anyday over FedEx or UPS. In my experience, USPS is faster than either of those. My wife had an ebay item shipped from Florida last Tuesday via FedEx ground. She's still waiting for it.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

In the dozen or so years I've been running NARTS I've shipped everything USPS and have had just one package lost. That package was shipped to someone at work and my guess is that it got lost there. International stuff can be extremely slow if sent by surface mail.

Bill Spadafora

or
or NARTS
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net snipped-for-privacy@billsplumbing.com

Reply to
Bill Spadafora

Yes. Unfortunately, she didn't have any other choice.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

I use Canada Post "ExpressPost" service. This is a tracked 3-day service that I've never had a problem with. It once turned into a 5 day service, rather than the advertised 3.

I refuse to use UPS. The external appearance of their transborder operation is that they're running a widescale customs brokerage fraud.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

to you? unlikely :(

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

UPS consistently charges a large brokerage fee, and also charges duty on behalf of Revenue Canada, for items that are clearly not dutiable (keep in mind that under NAFTA, *most* U.S. manufactured items aren't subject to duty). My working assumption is that they're involved in a "dual paper trail" scam. One set of "official paperwork" for the customer, and another for revenue Canada. I freely admit that I can't substantiate these claims, but they consistently leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.

In comparison, Purolator (now owned by Canada Post Corporation), has never charged me duty on items that UPS *has* charged me duty on, and they've never charged me a brokerage fee.

Reply to
Marcus Leech