Rocketry Videos

My wife and I are introducing the members of our local Mustang club to our "non-Mustang" hobby. We're going to bring a couple of rockets to
the next meeting to show along with a short video I made. I'm also preparing some handouts with information about rocketry including local clubs and a list of Internet resources. Normally we don't have any children at our meetings, but I'm going to ask the members to bring them along this time.
I've extracted a couple of segments from the longer video and put them online at
http://www.payloadbay.com/gallery/v/movies /
My "Level 1 Certification" rocket is named "Mustang Sally" so I was able to tie everything together.
-- Roger

Is this a horse club or a classic car club? Either way, bring an Aerotech Mustang!

It's the car (as seen in one of the videos). I keep forgetting there's some other kind of 'Stang. :-)
I don't have an Aerotech Mustang - though it would be an interesting comparison. Zero to sixty in .... what .... .025 seconds?
-- Roger
writes:

don't forget the fighter plane!
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Yeah, horses love rockets. Years ago I launched a rocket and someone was riding a horse about a quarter of a mile away. The horse became so enthousiastic about seeing a rocket going up that it was standing on it's hind legs. That was a small rocket with a c engine. Just imagine what an Aerotech mustang on a G-40 would do. :)
Roland.

Nice little video. thanks for sharing.
As a follow-up ... our presentation to the Mustang Club went very well. We were almost overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response from the club's members. Most were familar with model rockets, but not with larger ones. We had planned on talking for about 20 minutes and answering questions for about ten minutes. But the questions lasted longer than that - about thirty minutes. When we got home that evening we got phone call from a member excitedly telling us that a rocketry show was on one of the cable channels.
A few of the Mustang club members expressed interest in attending a launch and we saw one of them at Saturday's NEFAR launch.
-- Roger