Saturn 1B

The cover of Sport Rocketry got me wanting a Sat1B all over again. Did anyone hear what happened to the rumored Estes 1/70 Sat1B? I'm thinking
that it turned out to be vaporware. Can anyone confirm?
I have an unfinished 1/100 SatV. How hard would it be to bash it to a Sat1B?
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

Semroc will have an Estes clone of the 1/70th 1b coming out soon.
--
Scott D. Hansen
WOOSH NAR Section #558 http://www.wooshrocketry.org
J.A. Michel wrote:

--
Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L3
@spamnotalltel.net says...

That I honestly don't know. From what I've read the closest I could say is sometime this year. ;-) They're also cloning the Mars Lander and the Little Joe II.
My advice on an Estes 1/70th re-release, don't hold your breath.
--
Scott D. Hansen
WOOSH NAR Section #558 http://www.wooshrocketry.org
Scott D. Hansen wrote:

You meant to say: a Semroc clone of the Estes 1/70th 1B
Estes doesn't make clones of their own kits (reproductions are not clones).
As for Semroc kits: if you own the licensing rights, is it really a clone?
As for Saturn 1B's: I'm also pretty sure that the likeness' of the Saturn Launch Vehicles are public domain anyway.
And while we're on the subject of clones, somebody (I forget who) is offering an "upscaled clone" of a kit (I forget which). That's an oxymoron, isn't it? It has to be either an "upscale" model or a "clone" model.
A clone is basically a virtualy identical recreation of a production model. Once you've changed the dimensions (upscaling), it can no longer be a "clone" because if you put the "upsacle" next to the original production model, I'm pretty sure, you would be able to tell which is the original.
Auggie