So........where is Jerry Irvine, or have I missed something?

... refrain...... ugh. Cheers Fred. Good luck with that.
All I know, is when Jerry talked rocketry, I was excited to know more
about rocketry, regardless of his past. He believed in the freedom to enjoy the hobby, methods good or bad. I am not in any way gainsaying nor naysaying his or anyone elses methods or beliefs. I am saying that I personally miss that part Jerry that made me want to learn more and become involved in the hobby.
I bob my head in here from time to time. But somehow... I do not know why, but somehow, rocketry became a little less fun for me with the situation that seemed to take Jerry down. I am not blaming anyone; nor am I blaming Jerry. Just the fact is, I feel a loss of even one person from rocketry; especially one that was acknowleged by flamers and supporters alike as a knowlegeable person in rocketry, generally speaking.
Black sheep or not, no one here is perfect. By saying this I do not mean to defame or proclaim anyone.
Cheers All! May your projects and models fly true and successfully, and may you keep all your appendages, and your friends in the process.
~ Duane Phillips.

Should this be in the faq?

Duane Phillips wrote:

Jerry was and maybe still is his own worst enemy and as for as no one being perfect, Jerry is in a league of his own..
Fred
There's got to be some reason that JI isn't posting.
Maybe his new friend "Bubba" doesn't bend him over in a position where he can type!
Didn't he get convicted in that "model airplane parts" thing awhile back and was ordered to pay $40k in fines?
Listening to JI about anything makes about as much sense as trying to smell a fart in a strong wind.....

Suppose, for a minute, anything in the above speculation was true. Wouldn't you be concerned for his wellbeing, even just a little? Does anything that he's done or said on RMR, or even in person, call for this kind of glee over his suspected suffering?
If he really is "someplace where he doesn't have as much freedom", maybe it's time to stop kicking.
I can only speak for myself, but IMHO if he is just now recently gotten to a place where his freedom of movement is restricted, its something that should have been done years ago..I have absolutely no feeling even minutely for anything that Jerry brings on his ownself. I would not be afraid to say, that if homicide was legal, he would have been taken out a long long time ago........no not by me, but by some of the folks he crossed......I have more use for dog crap or used chewing gum I get on my shoes, than I do Jerry.
On Mon, 8 May 2006 11:07:59 -0400, "Malcolm Reynolds"

=============================================Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ }<((((o> ~~~~~~ }<{{{{o> ~~~~~~~ }<(((((o>
On Mon, 8 May 2006 11:07:59 -0400, "Malcolm Reynolds"

People are joking - get a grip.

Hummmmm,,,,
and smelling a fart in no wind does make sense then ?
Cranny Dane

Or come back.
--
Tweak

~Roy wrote:

It doesn't matter.
(~Roy) writes:

Jerry vanished from RMR at the same time as Brad showed up.
Wink, wink.
On 5 May 2006 12:04:04 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Now that's a cheap shot. Only thing is I can't figureout if it's a shot at Jerry or Brad. 8-)
Hi Phil, Fred, Bob and a few of the others whose names ring a bell....Don;t know if any of y'all remember me or not from years gone by, but I got out of rockets in and around the great rmr T shirt fiasco....... Of course i used a different user name back then, Think it was Foxeye, but won't swear to it.....Well anyhow, I was not trying to stir up trouble, but did find it quite strange that when I resubscribed to rmr, and elected to do a download of 500 sample posts at a time with Agent andnot wanting to have to wait a few hours for the so called projected 89,000+ posts that was in rmr on that NSP server top down load, I was just curious as to why I did not see any JI poists in hundreds of downloaded headers, whereas before, the individual was pretty darn prolific on this forum.......
Regards
Ya'' have fun and feel free to let my question die.....but I was curious, very curious.
On Fri, 05 May 2006 16:16:21 -0400, Phil Stein

=============================================Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ }<((((o> ~~~~~~ }<{{{{o> ~~~~~~~ }<(((((o>
Hey Roy, long time no hear... like last century. ; ) I still have one of those rmr t-shirts someplace.
Wasn't Roy Green the one that finally got them done. I don't remember now.
Anyway, are you still flying south of Montgomery?
Randy www.vernarockets.com
:-) I don't want my name connected in anyway with that debacle!! Though I do wish I had one of the t-shirts that eventually did get made.
Roy "not the Canadian talk show host or the Cardinals receiver" Green

I understand. My apologies Roy. Anyone know who actually got them done? For some reason the name Ted comes to mind.

I did get one, 2 in fact, and they were pretty good as t-shirts go.
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Hi Roy,
I have no idea of what happened to him. Every once in a while, he pops up and posts a few lines. I don't know anything but I suspect that he is someplace where he doesn't have as much FREEDOM as he used to.
Phil
On Fri, 05 May 2006 20:28:24 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (~Roy) wrote:

"some place he has less freedom"? foolish speculation. Likewise, dead? I seriously doubt it. . Perhaps, you might consider that just maybe he tired of all of the crap and decided to move on. Regardless of where he actually is and is/isn't doing, he's not posting here right now and isn't that what so many have been clamoring for any way? It's hard to believe that one man can have such a lasting influence over so many. Geez, even John Cato at his best didn't rile folks up half has much. Say, one of the critics of Cato used to post under a pseudo name that was a play on words. Does anyone remember what that was?
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

GIve us a hint....would it be on the 1998 T shirt by chance ;-)
=============================================Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ }<((((o> ~~~~~~ }<{{{{o> ~~~~~~~ }<(((((o>
Reece,
You used to get illegal motors from him maybe you're still in touch. If you have factual information, straighten us out. I did not say I have any factual information. Here's what I said - "I don't know anything but I suspect that he is someplace where he doesn't have as much FREEDOM as he used to." Since I used the word "SUSPECT," even a teacher should be able to interpret this as not saying he is anywhere.
I don't believe that he tired of all the crap since it was him that instigated it.
Phil