So........where is Jerry Irvine, or have I missed something?

I miss the friends I made during my tour in Vietnam, but I have no desire to go back. While Jerry may have provided some value to this group, on occasion, his less than stellar actions off the group and to some degree his virtual spewed on this group negated whatever positive contributions he made to this group and rocketry as a hobby.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Hi Phil, Fred, Bob and a few of the others whose names ring a bell....Don;t know if any of y'all remember me or not from years gone by, but I got out of rockets in and around the great rmr T shirt fiasco....... Of course i used a different user name back then, Think it was Foxeye, but won't swear to it.....Well anyhow, I was not trying to stir up trouble, but did find it quite strange that when I resubscribed to rmr, and elected to do a download of 500 sample posts at a time with Agent andnot wanting to have to wait a few hours for the so called projected 89,000+ posts that was in rmr on that NSP server top down load, I was just curious as to why I did not see any JI poists in hundreds of downloaded headers, whereas before, the individual was pretty darn prolific on this forum.......

Regards

Ya'' have fun and feel free to let my questi>>>>

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy

Hey Roy, long time no hear... like last century. ; ) I still have one of those rmr t-shirts someplace.

Wasn't Roy Green the one that finally got them done. I don't remember now.

Anyway, are you still flying south of Montgomery?

Randy

Randy

You may be right. (And it really is more a thought than an expectation, but why not throw the gauntlet down and see).

and many of the wounds Jerry has inflected on folks

That is sad for all involved. Lots of people have been wronged in life. It's hard to get over it. But it is a lot better in the long run to do so.

Reply to
IMeMine

Hi Roy,

I have no idea of what happened to him. Every once in a while, he pops up and posts a few lines. I don't know anything but I suspect that he is someplace where he doesn't have as much FREEDOM as he used to.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

... refrain...... ugh. Cheers Fred. Good luck with that.

All I know, is when Jerry talked rocketry, I was excited to know more about rocketry, regardless of his past. He believed in the freedom to enjoy the hobby, methods good or bad. I am not in any way gainsaying nor naysaying his or anyone elses methods or beliefs. I am saying that I personally miss that part Jerry that made me want to learn more and become involved in the hobby.

I bob my head in here from time to time. But somehow... I do not know why, but somehow, rocketry became a little less fun for me with the situation that seemed to take Jerry down. I am not blaming anyone; nor am I blaming Jerry. Just the fact is, I feel a loss of even one person from rocketry; especially one that was acknowleged by flamers and supporters alike as a knowlegeable person in rocketry, generally speaking.

Black sheep or not, no one here is perfect. By saying this I do not mean to defame or proclaim anyone.

Cheers All! May your projects and models fly true and successfully, and may you keep all your appendages, and your friends in the process.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

:-) I don't want my name connected in anyway with that debacle!! Though I do wish I had one of the t-shirts that eventually did get made.

Roy "not the Canadian talk show host or the Cardinals receiver" Green

Reply to
Roy Green

"some place he has less freedom"? foolish speculation. Likewise, dead? I seriously doubt it. . Perhaps, you might consider that just maybe he tired of all of the crap and decided to move on. Regardless of where he actually is and is/isn't doing, he's not posting here right now and isn't that what so many have been clamoring for any way? It's hard to believe that one man can have such a lasting influence over so many. Geez, even John Cato at his best didn't rile folks up half has much. Say, one of the critics of Cato used to post under a pseudo name that was a play on words. Does anyone remember what that was?

Reply to
Reece Talley

GIve us a hint....would it be on the 1998 T shirt by chance ;-)

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy

Reece,

You used to get illegal motors from him maybe you're still in touch. If you have factual information, straighten us out. I did not say I have any factual information. Here's what I said - "I don't know anything but I suspect that he is someplace where he doesn't have as much FREEDOM as he used to." Since I used the word "SUSPECT," even a teacher should be able to interpret this as not saying he is anywhere.

I don't believe that he tired of all the crap since it was him that instigated it.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

I understand. My apologies Roy. Anyone know who actually got them done? For some reason the name Ted comes to mind.

I did get one, 2 in fact, and they were pretty good as t-shirts go.

Randy

Randy

"even a teacher"? Phil, you're just too funny.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Yes, but the content of phil's comment was right on the money and I notice you evaded the implied question.. (:-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I was hoping that even though I forgot the simley, you 'd take it as intended.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Are you referring to Mr Pref900, author of the A. Paul Ling, Registered Architect stories? ....Ed

Reply to
Ed Rowe

It didn't chap my panties. I hear a lot worse from people who really mean it every day. Jerry's alive That's all I know. I've spoken with him recently but I have not discussed his absence from here. As to illegal motors, hmmm, you know, I don't know that I've checked the papers on any of my motors. I do know that I didn't find any of them outside of home depot. :)

Reply to
Reece Talley

That's it, A. Paul Ling

Reply to
Reece Talley

Well... upon my word. ; )

Randy

Randy

Should this be in the faq?

Reply to
NaCl

Jerry was and maybe still is his own worst enemy and as for as no one being perfect, Jerry is in a league of his own..

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace