Steve Irwin

There are posts under the last one? The only thing you'll find there is ad hominem attacks and 'extremely' bad journalism.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

I always wondered what aspect of the magazine was extreme. I'm not saying it's bad. It's just not extreme.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

I checked it out around April of this year and it just seemed like a bunch of teenagers beating their chests. Maybe I'll check it again.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Checked it again. It's not interest to me. Kinda lame.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Why did you come here and post then? It's funny how all the wah-wah's on TRF say that RMR is so bad, but this is the first place they show up to cry when the mods crack the whip. So typical.

Huh? Many very knolegeable people read this fourm. Ask and intellegent question for once and see what happens. You just have to draw them out. You'll get more useful information here than you will from the kiddiez on TRF.

Joe Michel

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Believe it or not, you're not the first person that I've heard that from. I'll have to work on that ;-)

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Well, we still have BBC's "the dinosaurs hunter". OK, Nigel is a poser time traveling to study and collect CGI dinosaurs, but his character seems to be based on Steve Irwin.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I seem to remember, when the shock of Steve Irwin's death was still fresh, someone on TRF commented something to the effect that "he was a jerk and got what he deserved".

Now, maybe the passing of time will give us the opportunity to view Steve Irwin's approach in a more unbiased manner. And maybe, his style was a bit over-the-edge, and even reckless. But he did succeed in bringing a lot of people - including my kids - a lot closer to the wildlife that he indisputedly strived to protect and educate others about. I never considered myself a fan of his, but the effect of his sudden and un- expected passing on my kids was surprising - I never knew my kids had learned so much about the world's wildlife from his shows, until his death made it a topic of discussion around the dinner table.

But the bottom line is this:

Anybody who opportunistically slams a person upon their death, for any reason whatsoever, is a complete, vile, ASS, and should be severely beaten about the face and neck until unconscious.

Reply to
Malcontent

How about "extremely bad?"

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Be sure and check out posts by a user named "Rock_It"...

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Hey, no need to cut back. Many people feel like you do. Sometimes, in this hobby, you get people who "really wanna be somebody" and they'll try anything to accomplish that. Including over-moderating...

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

No, no, no. He got promoted to a moderator... ;-)

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

ER looked a lot better before Rockets came out. Can we compromise and just call it lame but ontime? Did Er stop bragging about being ontime when HPR ceased to exist?

I really like how Rockets uses what is white space in ER to deliver content. I also like how they insert smaller pictures into big areas of blue sky.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Who are the moderators on there? Are you Rock-it? It'sirritating that so many people hide behind aliases on there.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Jerry is a moderator? FOr which parts of it?

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

" snipped-for-privacy@juno.com" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

And the next victim of these crazy antics is....Richard Hammond from BBC's Top Gear. Critically injured and fighting for his life as we speak. Rumors are that he'll be in a wheelchair for the foreseeable future if not forever.

If you've ever seen Top Gear you'll notice it has the same crazy antics as Irwin was doing, only with cars.

Reply to
Guy Fawkes

Brainiac comes to mind. They're ALWAYS blowing something up just for added effect.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

He was attempting to set a land speed record in rocket powered vehicle. This sort of thing is sanctioned, monitored, and done in a professional manner by individuals willing to stretch the envelope, so I don't understand the "crazy" and "brainiac" commentary. It's not like he downed a six pack, strapped 2 N motors to a go cart and said "hold my beer and watch this".

The news report says he is in stable condition.

Reply to
Tweak

Just pointing out that it is the same guy that did both shows and both shows do crazy stuff. More crazy stuff on Brainiac though.

Regardless I want to see this rocket dragster. Maybe youtube might have the video.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

Brainiac is a show? I thought you meant that as a derogatory term, thus my reaction.

"Check out tweak the brainiac".

DOH!

Reply to
Tweak