streamer drogue question

Can anyone point me to descent rate design data for large streamers? For example, if I have a 6 in. x 60 in. fabric streamer and, say, an

8 lb. rocket, what would the descent rate be?

(The plan for this particular project is to eject the nose and pop the streamer as a drogue at apogee, and eject the main with a long motor delay.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

That's how my L1 Streak works, except I'm splitting the BT just ahead of the fin can at apogee and popping the nose cone lower down to deploy the chute. The Streak should weigh ~3.5 lb.

On RockSim v7 I'm consistently seeing a descent rate of ~200 FPS with a 4x72 in nylon streamer on 12 feet of shock cord. There's a descent rate calculator on the Web but I lost my links when the old HD went to the big bit bucket in the sky.

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

Not really what you are asking for, but this may help you.

Go to EMRR, Tools, Streamer Calculator

Nick

Reply to
nick

No way am I going to kick out the Pro38 case :-)

John

Reply to
John Bonnett