Systeme Solaire ?'s

Has anyone seen the gas/peroxide motor in flight???

9 sec burn motor @ 5K altitude.... Any concerns in regards to launching one at YOUR launch site?? Any specific launch concerns for the RSO/LCO?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Simply put, it's not covered by the NAR or TRA safety code, therefore not allowed at a TRA or NAR sanctioned launch.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

They allow a bunch of other stuff in violation of the safety code (NFPA-1122/25/27).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Certainly not NAR. Is it ok for TRA / EX?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Once again you prove yourself an ignotant asshole.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Ya Jerry but you really need to see one of these gizmos go. We had a co-op student try one here during his stint. The funny part was the leaky check valves and the propeller heads running for the door with it. It also makes a big purple mess. It contains gasoline, low test peroxide (50%), dry ice, potassium permanganate, APCP and the hardware is quite interesting. I forgot how they got it to light but it was a long count.

It scared me and I'm fearless, well almost.

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

Nope, no liquids other than nitrous are allowed, I don't believe.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

That alone should increase sales among experienced motor makers so they too can experience fear.

APCP is wayyy too safe :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Wouldn't it qualify as EX? Tripoli does allow EX.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

That's why our APCP propellant facilities are remotely controlled, located well away from the main building and surrounded by earthen berms. :-)

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

Nope, no liquids. No Black Powder either.

EX just started to allow Suger motors, last year they were a bozo nono as well.

Liquids , that would be real , old fashioned butt ripping AR.

Reply to
AlMax

Do you have evidence of said allegations?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Liqued motors are allowed at BALLS with pre-approval of the BoD:

jimn469897

I've seen it. My impression is that it's an expensive novelty, best suited to those who prefer to spend more time tinkering with fussy stuff than actually flying rockets. It helps if you have lots of money burning a hole in your pocket.

=CB=87

Reply to
raydunakin

MANY examples posted to rmr in the past 5 years. ALL of which you (and most TRA lackeys) have disregarded.

One would think you (and they) would at least agree with (and address and correct) ONE of them (or more), perhaps one the TMT chair himself brought up. But no. Not ONE.

That is a consistent record. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Stop grinding your AP, Use more rubber, and use alot less catalysts and additives :)

"If you can't learn, we'll even refund your shipping and handling."

-The video professor

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh, that's rich. The huge multinational manufacturer being lectured by the failed "consultant" of a business with "less than two employees", who claims he farmed out all his manufacturing.

raydunakin

So, in fact, you do not have any factual evidence to back up your claim.

Just a lot of hot air from jerry, but no evidence.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

LMAO!! This has got to be one of the funniest FAQ entries ever! It is oh-so-true, spot on, to the point. An absolute hit-the-nail-on-the-head description of Jerry Irvine.

Excellent!

Reply to
default

Nope. "EX" is only APCP or N2O hybrid.