[TECH] CSXT

Since the recent posts by Charles E. Rogers (aka Crazy-Chuck) made several claims, I wanted to start an actual tech thread on those subjects.

  1. FAA approvals for sub-orbital rockets over 62 miles. a. What are the actual minimal requirements? b. What are the links to the regs as they stand post-change?

  1. Erosivity, starting with the exact grain geometry of the CSXT (future legend) rocket. a. Propellant burning rate and density (average at specified operating pressure) b. Propellant burning rate exponent.

  2. Governmental interfaces other than FAA required to achieve the flight (FCC, EPA, BLM, etc).

Tech Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Didn't TRA really give you a hose job about your motors Skippy? What can you do to bring the whole organization down?

Reply to
Crater

How about providing some details (and photos) of the 9"x14' motor you allegedly made? Has it been static tested? Flight tested?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Fixated harassment suits you Ray.

Lord knows you are free of ability to comprehend or synthesize tech content.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Big F>Fixated harassment suits you Ray.

Lord knows you are free of ability to comprehend or synthesize tech content. >>

I do, however, retain the ability to know BS when I see it. If you didn't want to provide any proof to back up your claim, you should not have made that claim. Put up or shut up, and quit trying to ride the coattails of others' successes.

Reply to
RayDunakin

So less is more, and/or whatever. ;)

Reply to
Alan Jones

You got it Ray, "an A&& generally brings up the rear, looking for glory at the expense of others"..

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

There have always been a few other things that will generate AST or other gov't agency involvement:

1) Peak altitude predicted over 100 km MSL. 2) Intended overflight of classified military areas. 3) Use of radioactive materials in payload, or nuclear propulsion. 4) High energy lasers for tracking or communication. 5) Active "seeker" guidance--esp. infrared.

To name a few.

+McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin

False.

False.

False.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

See Ray, I told you he could be confused by the facts...(;-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

Naw, he's not confused by facts, he's just afraid of them. Kind of like vampires are afraid of sunlight.

Reply to
RayDunakin