[Tech] HPR Tech Article - Thrust Coefficient Losses from Straight-Cut Throats

Well, he was on the board while I was a member. So he should have answered to me back then.

IF? He's never even denied it. It clearly defines his character and reputation. And the fact that no one ever did anything about it is disgusting. By Chucks actions a hundred rocketeers acted illegally without realizing it. And it jeopardized our insurance coverage.

Just what is the penalty in TRA for falsely claiming that motors are certified so they can be sold and flown at a launch?

I'm sure Jerry would like to know how to get away with this like Chuck did :-)

Bob Kaplow

At Chucks own suggestion I did so. Never got a response.

Bob Kaplow

That's why we have a THREAD for Chuck, who visits here to address specific questions.

Hint: we already know the answers.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ditto.

Correct.

Noted.

I have heard that before. I was ejected for 12+ years over it and banned, and I had an affirmative defense. How about Chuck?

:)

I just want all "lost" motors certified, all decertified recertified and a single new sample is fine (no new paperwork) and any new samples submitted within one year same terms. Shipped to their address of choice legally. All ATF exempt. I'll even pay 100% of cert fees for new and renewed motors. I need a non-decertification guarantee as well.

In writing WITH liquidated damages of $500,000

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

SO then what happened? Maybe the response was mailed via the same post office as Jerry's DOT paperwork.

If you don't get a response and you want a response, you have to follow up.

Reply to
Phil Stein

You can have it. All you have to do is get a judgement against CHuck

- like your partners did against you.

Are you talking about the motors you backdated to try to get around the rules?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Thats how morons respond..(:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

He also has to pay his #40 gran to the man.. (:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Actually I correct myself. The information was in my original post (the second part) repeated below.

So Jerry, you didn't have to read the tech article in HPR Magazine. All you had to do was read my original post, it's all right there.

Copied from 2nd Part of Original Post:

6) From the above models it's clear that if the nozzle designer can get the throat L/D of the straight-cut throat under 0.45, there will be a large (3.5% to 8%) jump in performance. Based on this result, I recommend the following throat design criteria for conical nozzles with straight-cut throats:

Throat Design Criteria for Conical Nozzles with Straight-Cut Throats:

Throat L/D >>> A throat L/D of > throats had CF Efficiency Factors of 0.99-1.0, which I'd approximate at

burnsim?

Jerry, you still don't understand. It's not a typo, 0.90, 0.99, etc.

The actual number is 1.0.

Conical Nozzle with Rounded Throat - CF Efficiency Factor = 0.99

Conical Nozzle with Rounded Throat at End of Blast Tube - CF Efficiency Factor = 0.99

If you added another term for the effect of the blast tube, it would be

1.0.

I would have expected the loss from the blast tube to be 0.5%-2.0%. If it is more like 0.5%-1.0% it might get lost in the scatter of experimental CFactual data when the CF Efficiency Factor is around

0.99.

So it looks like the thrust coefficient losses from a blast tube are low. The next step would be to calculate the friction drag in the blast tube and turn it into a total pressure loss.

Which may explain that if the actual loss from using a blast tube is a total pressure loss, then there actually is no thrust coefficient loss in the nozzle at all. There's just a new, lower total pressure prior to entering the nozzle.

Chuck Rogers snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
CRogers168

It was a typo.

0.9

Get over it!

Is the only way you can get tracton by fabrication?

Answer: yes.

I am quite sure that 0.01 MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE TO YOU.

NOTE THIS.

IT DOESN'T TO ME.

Have you MADE blast tubes?

I have.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If there were something to admit, don't you think that if were going to do it, he would have done it by now?

Reply to
Phil Stein

How many morons does it take to ask a question that they already know the answer to?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Putting someone's ??ck in your mouth is not making a blast tube.

Reply to
Phil Stein

ROTFLMAO!

Bob Kaplow

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry, who's forcing you to not buy the magazine? Subscriptions are available to non-members, and many vendors sell individual issues.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Yeah, 'cause the horse died years ago. Stop flogging it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

COmon Ray - let him whine. I love when he whines about Sue M not taking his motors - you know the same ones he's whining about shipping and the paperwork he sent to DOT that they never got.

Hmmm I think we might be having a mosaic moment. Hey Jerry look it's a shipping mosaic.

Reply to
Phil Stein