Thanks Folks

Thanks for all of the replies to my previous post. Just had some time to sit down on this busy 4th weekend.
I did finish my 'Estes Patriot' and without a lengthly play by play,
now know what I could've done better and how to do it thanks again to the posters.
About the 'chord' on one of the 4 fins on this kit...yes, one pre-cut fin was shorter, but I did manage to dig the scrap out of the trash and found enough to cut, glue and trim to make them all the same. Another issue for me was the 'peel and stick', I'll call them labels instead of decals...I didn't like them as much as I like the type you soak in water, place (and can move around) before you let them set. So mine did not come out longitudinally true as I would've liked them to but...this is my first kit and have not modeled in awhile so I'll take much of the blame for that.
Happy to hear about http://www.fliskits.com/index.htm . I would much rather do business with a local NH company than some conglomerate spewing out cheap kits for the masses. I've spent some time looking around the site and doing much reading. I really like the 'Drake' (among others) and will be ordering soon.
Be patient, the end is in sight. Thank you also to the link for the rocket launching in MA, very nice....I will attend before too long.
Have a Great Holiday Weekend!
Zman wrote:

Yes, Flis Kits have some neat products, as well as prompt professional service. Another recommendation, and in your region of the country:
http://www.thrustaero.com/index.html
John has some really intriguing original designs (check out the three-cluster A-Slam!); as well as a *very* nice line of Estes "clones". And like Flis, prompt, professional, courteous service.
--

Greg Heilers
I see you go by the name "Zman". Have you seen the movie "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" written by Roger Ebert and directed by Russ Meyer?

A rock'n'roll Svengali I'm not...lol...maybe 30+ yrs ago....
Never read the book or saw the movie, perhaps I'm better off not to :)
My last name begins with Z so I used this pseudo name online here and there, figured it was as good as any.
Larry, is that you?? (:-)
Zman wrote:

Red Foxx: "Norman, is that you?"
; )