TIRF is dead

TIRF is dead:
http://therocketryforum.com /
(Note: this is not the Rocketry Forum, wich is very much alive.) Can't say I have much sympathy, I visited a few times, and it was not
very interesting. The owner thought he could make a better product, and that it would be easy. Like many business startups, this did not turn out to be the case. Also, the owner used a deliberately confusing name, which is just plain jerky. Rest in pieces.
As far as rocketry forums go, I generally say "the more, the merrier", but TIRF should be held up as an example of how NOT to do things from the very beginning. No way to rebound from a start like that.

I found it funny. I'm taking a college course on a private Usenet server for the class room, and they require us to top post!
to read one short message with useless content.
ROFLMAO! Now *that* was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks...
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
Me wrote:

One of my favorite signatures.
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Top posting is quite irritating. Poor editing and attributions are irritating as well, but not as much.
--
Tweak

See, I don't read RMR often enough to find it annoying. I read the persons post, then read the reply, and don't need to see the post that's being responded to all over again...and again...and again. I assume the response is...a response. And...if I forget what the person is responding to, well, then, it's right there under his post, for me to see....if I need to.
-Rich
Tweak wrote:

content.
If it's an issue than mabey some people need to go outside the house more often
infact ,I ask why is it even necessary to quote the post directly above you anyway ..
In reality,speaking to someone repeated everything you said(even partialy), before answering you , that would make you want to choke that person.
BINGO.
Excellent point.
Thanks!
-Fred Shecter http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

What issue? What is this "it" to which you refer? TIRF?

Because if you take away all the quotes, the post becomes just like this one: Nonsensical.

Another luser. Who are you replying to, and about what are you talking? No quote, no reference, just incoherent babble.
Thanks for boosting my argument.
--
Tweak

spiff wrote:

I'd agree with you except that there's more than one newsreader on the planet and entirely too many ways of displaying messages other than sequentially threaded by topic and date. Add dropped posts and killfiled lusers to the mix and leaving in snippets of what and who you're replying to makes a lot of sense.

Ever try to argue religion? Ford vs. Chevy? Mac vs. PC? The only valid reason to bottom post is respect for the standard of the group you're posting to. The folks I really pity are the ones who have to use text-to-speach software because they're blind; bottom posting really sucks for them.
TK
--
Cogito ergo bibo

The Ford vs. Chevy answer is easy. MOPAR!
Bill Eichelberger wrote:

Third place is better than no place. :-)
Chuck

Not when the message is snipped properly.
--
Tweak

LOL, some people don't need to be bothered with facts when they paint with a broad paint brush. ;) -Rich
Phil Stein wrote:

HAHAHAHHA! Yup, nobody will ever convince me that top posting is wrong.
-Rich
Tweak wrote:

Nice Post !