very odd recollection

huge snip:

"I flashed in that moment upon a decidedly more private but almost identical situation that I had experienced when I was much younger: a young earnest man holding tightly to my hand eagerly insisting that I do something that I was certainly not comfortable with. I had remembered then that it was okay to say "No.". And I realized that it was okay to say "No." to you. I looked you straight in the eyes and told you, "No, I am not going to take those motors with me." You tried to pull your hand away, but I took it in both of mine and patted the back of your hand like I do Peter's when he's upset about something."

Sincerely, Sue McMurray TRA#4027 TMT Chair"

I'm a little confused here. Is Ms. (or Mrs.) McMurray insinuating (or stating outright) that talking to Jerry about his motor certs was the equivalent to fending off an overly amorous admirer?

Was Jerry (as insinuated) being the equivalent of an overzealous frat jerk?

I find this paragraph to be at least highly unprofessional and at best mildly defamatory.

Reply to
NaCl

Hmmm... one _is_ tempted to get the impression that they both (for intersecting reasons of their own) may have been acting just a little weird about the whole business!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

The original post did not show up on my servers.

John

Reply to
John Stein

Yes.

The whole scenario is a lie. The only physical contact we made was shaking hands for about 3 seconds. Maybe that is when her flashback occured and the time dialation of that flashback confused her.

That does NOT explain why she refused my three other polite contacts later in the LDRS launch to reconsider and JUST TAKE THE HYBRIDS and I would be glad to package them in to an INCREDIBLY SMALL AND UNFRAGILE UNIT.

No. No. No. No.

I was then clear on it.

She assured me she would contact me less than a week later as she would not even give me HER contact information (maybe out of fear of rape, eh) despite the fact she was admitting she was the new TMT chair.

I made the mistake along the way to ask her what her qualifications were. Besides not having a cogent answer she was offended and surprised by the question. Since she had already said "no" 3 times I felt there could be no possible penalty for asking.

I also requested to submit several solids I had with me and was selling at LDRS with TRA permission!! And "Eveveryone" at TRA refused. Kelly, McMurray, everyone. Yet motors WERE taken from Aerotech that day.

I do not need a hint. I can see the obvious.

Jerry

Exactly. Is mildly defamatory something like mildly pregnant? She is accusing me of assault. And the statute of limitations expired, (with no formal claim whatsoever, not even to a TRA kangaroo court) but the accusation lives on forever.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Read this post and all will be revealed. If you read the entire thread, you'll see a lot of characters from RMR's past. :-)

From: P'rfesser ( snipped-for-privacy@murraystate.edu) Subject: Re: [POL] TRA Debating Skills (was Re: [LAW] Re: LDRS 17 Report) View: Complete Thread (72 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets Date: 1998/09/07

Mark Simpson

Nice digging. That thread has it all. Here is a link:

Ahhh, the good ol' days. ;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

(was%2520Re%253A%2520%255BLAW%255D%2520Re%253A%2520LDRS%252017%26lr%3D%26hl%3Den

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Mine either.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

more convenient that reconstruction ...

Tiny URL is your friend

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I took it she was in an emotional state much like she had felt in the past. However this time, when a man was trying to force her to do something she felt umcomfortable doing, she was strong enough to say "no".

steve

Reply to
default

However this

umcomfortable doing, she

"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." Freud

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

past. However this

umcomfortable doing, she

Reply to
NaCl

What rule says Sue was obligated to take your wares with her?

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Thatis thewaytolookatittoJUSTIFY what sheactually did.

I restate the question thuisly:

Since she DID take other motors from other vendors and made SOME arrrangement for the transport of them (perhaps in Bruces trailer), why NOT also take 2 or more USR motors?

YOU ANSWER FIRST.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If other motors were transported in bruce's trailer, why did you not ask Bruce to take them for you?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'm assuming based on circumstantial evidence that there was an unwritten, undisclosable, but non-negotiable "policy directive" from Bruce to Sue: "TRA is _not_ goung to test Jerry's motors for certification - but don't tell him I told you _that_; just blow him off with some excuse like 'his propellant isn't properly classified for shipping hazards' or something."

I suspect that Sue perceived that, if she didn't go along with Bruce's "exclusion games", the resulting conflict with Bruce would ruin her ability to function as TMT chair, so she felt she'd better "pick her battles" regardless of whether she really approved of the policy herself.

Then when Jerry offered hybrid motors (to which the "classified for shipping hazard" thing was clearly inapplicable) she knew she couldn't cert them anyway, so she made some random excuse like "won't fit in the car." (I can just imagine how Bruce might have reacted to Jerry & Sue asking him to put them in his trailer...)

DISCLAIMER:

This is conjecture based on everything I've seen so far; I do not have the benefit of any direct statements from Sue (or Bruce or anyone) regarding their actual motives. However, it seems to be an explanation that fits the structure of the situation and explains observeed behaviors better than anything else I can think of.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

[educated]

I was THERE and in subsequent discussions with the parties, and that whole scenario is "the most plausible" explanation I have heard.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm sorry, Is your name jerry? I was asking jerry not you..... Or maybe your are jerry?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Get a life. rmr is open. If I tell you to shut the f*ck up, will you?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry, Please explain in detail what you mean be this statement.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis