AlarmAssociates.com

Check out

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

Jim Rojas

I never follow any link without an explanation of why someone thinks I should follow the link. Especially now that there's a report of a flaw which allows systems to be attacked when they simply browse a page. (The patch for that flaw has been released, and I've installed it -- and I actually don't find it at all surprising that Microsoft continues to have blatently incompetent programmers -- but it does reinforce my disinclination to waste time on links I don't have an immediate need for.)

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

I was talking to a person that was 'attempting to be recruited' by MS to work for them, as a programmer... He was 'wined and dined a bit, and given a tour of certain places... to describe it in terms of a car, take 200 people, put them in separate rooms, EACH makes a piece for the car, BUT, each is NOT allowed to talk to the other people in the other rooms.., then assemble it.. Thats Windows.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

A more accurate picture of Windows:

Take a car that has 400 parts... That's the competitor... So M$ builds a car with 40,000 parts... So many, in fact, that when something goes wrong, it's almost impossible to find the part that's faulty...

Windows is a program with over 50 million lines of code (if you printed it at 8pt font, normal spacing, it'd fill the Ft. Knox holds 10 times)... How can ANY crew possibly check all that code for errors or mistakes?

Reply to
Aegis

We're getting offtopic. I will say that it *IS* possible to check a project that large... and in fact if it was checked more carefully it would be SMALLER... but efficiency and robustness cost money, and Microsoft has instead managed to convince people to accept the tradeoff of cheap and flashy but inefficient and buggy.

If you want something in the worst way, that's how you generally get it.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Yeah dude like aren't ya glad somebody didn't keep that shit a secret from ya and that cause they didnt its common knowledge and theres a patch? And dude Microsoft can have incompetent programmers cause they aint open source so theres no risk cause its all a big secret. Works real good huh?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***

Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored

Will Watts