vote on permanent certifications

Actually it wouldn't really cost you that much to recertify. I assume most of the $500 cost is an L3 cert flight. Well, when you un-retire, what did you plan on flying anyway? Another M flight? That's your L3 cert flight. SO all you really gotta do extra is re-do an L1 and L2 flights. Cost? An H128 and a J350.

What I think MIGHT swing through NAR and/or TRA is a proposal for returning members to get their old certification back by recertifying directly to their old level. That would let you dispense with the L1 and L2 flights, and just show someone you still got what it takes to do L3.

Comments?

Bob Kaplow

I think your idea has merit Bob. Not that anybody has been calling me and asking my opinion on certification issues.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Sounds good to me.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Typical. Someone suggests a simple change to make things LESS complicated and onerous and the rule changers change the rule alright, but to something complicated and arbitrary.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Who is "onerous" and why does he hang with the "rule changers"

Come to think of it, what the hell are you talking about?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Bob: Didn't I suggest this in one of my posts? That you allow the person to re-cert at the level that they went out? I think this would be ok unless of course they had been out of the hobby for a very long time, say 5-10 years as the technology might have radically changed during that time period... but its a workable idea ....

I also think to be consistent that L1 people should be required to pass a written test....the written test as we all know is basically a test of your knowledge of NFPA 1127 and the HPR Safety Code, which is one and the same for TRA'ers....

It makes NO sense to me at all why a person can cert L1 and fly HI HPR and not have to show any knowledge of NFPA 1127/HPE SC but a person certing L2 has to show such knowledge... thats totally inconsistent from my perspective... ALL people who fly HPR regardless of motor cert level should have a knowledge and understanding of NFPA 1127/HPR SC ....

And for anybody coming back into the fold, they show be required to take an updated recert test too....

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

Don't recall. Perhaps it was intertwined with my post.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Bob Kaplow