[WAY OT] PDP-8 kit - last run

OK, I know this is WAY off topic, but I also know that there are a bunch of okd DEC fans like myself here. I just found this KIT real working PDP8 and ordered one for myself. This was the first computer I ever got my hands on my freshman year of college. There are a few left of this final run, so if you're interested ORDER NOW!.

Standard disclaimers apply...

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Switches and lights...now that's a computer.

Reply to
David Jung

Only 5 left. So what about the paper tape and punch?

Reply to
Alan Jones

Interesting, but I have a REAL pdp8/e, with two ASR-33s and a high-speed tape reader/punch. I also have the full service manual set for the pdp8/efm and the ASR-33; originals no less. Haven't powered any of it up for a few years though, those 33's are gonna be trouble as they don't like being idle.

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka

Oh! PDP-8. Brings back memories of OS8 and OS8 Basic. Damn! That was a long time ago!!!

As for the ASRs, was the version w/o the tape reader/punch the KSR-33 or was there some other difference between it and the ASR-33?

Buzz McDermott M>> OK, I know this is WAY off topic, but I also know that there are a bunch >> of

Reply to
Buzz McDermott

I have the perfect thing for ASR-33. A Bell 103A modem complete with dial handset. I think it still works.

Reply to
Phil Stein

The only difference is the reader/punch.

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka