[WAY OT] PDP-8 kit - last run

OK, I know this is WAY off topic, but I also know that there are a bunch of okd DEC fans like myself here. I just found this KIT real working PDP8 and
ordered one for myself. This was the first computer I ever got my hands on my freshman year of college. There are a few left of this final run, so if you're interested ORDER NOW!.
    http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/SBC6120-2.htm
Standard disclaimers apply...
Switches and lights...now that's a computer.

On 3 Jul 2006 07:49:52 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Only 5 left. So what about the paper tape and punch?
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Interesting, but I have a REAL pdp8/e, with two ASR-33s and a high-speed tape reader/punch. I also have the full service manual set for the pdp8/efm and the ASR-33; originals no less. Haven't powered any of it up for a few years though, those 33's are gonna be trouble as they don't like being idle.
--
Gordon S. Hlavenka http://www.crashelectronics.com
If your teacher tells you to Question Authority

I have the perfect thing for ASR-33. A Bell 103A modem complete with dial handset. I think it still works.
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:06:03 -0500, "Buzz McDermott"

Buzz McDermott wrote:

The only difference is the reader/punch.