We finally joined NAR

And "What if SuperMan had been a nazi?".

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Don't drink the Kool-Aid!

Reply to
Major Wood

Remember jerry, shiny side out.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Point!

Defections from TRA.

Definitely.

I agree but I am not holding my breath. The only notable lines of communication are on rmr and that is beyond sad.

I have prepared for when the day comes by making sure I have in hand what they "need" to see, but NOT what they merely "want to illegally see".

Perfect logic,thus the only answer isthus:

But, if NAR "DOES NOT" want to help the hobby, it seems only logical that the NAR would be doing this [not working hand-in-hand with Mr. Irving to get his motors certified] even if you personally hate Mr. Irving.

[NAR and almost each of its BoT members] personally hate Mr. Irving.

GFL

Jerry

DEMAND NAR CEASE AND DESIST ILLEGALLY ASKING FOR UNNEEDED ATF PERMITS FOR PROPELLANT ACTUATED DEVICES FOR MANUFACTURERS, DEALERS, OR CONSUMERS. EVER.

SIMPLE SOLUTION. INTERNAL NAR POLICY. CONSISTENT WITH NFPA NOW. CONSISTENT WITH ATF NOW. CONSISTENT WITH NAR/TRA/ATF LAWSUIT NOW. CONSISTENT WITH DECADES OF HISTORICAL PRECEDENT NOW.

WHY WOULD NAR EVEN INVOLVE THEMSELVES IN THAT EXCEPT TO CULL UNDESIREABLE PERSONS USING ILLEGAL RULES?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think I'll start using Heywood Jablowme as my new news group moniker.

Reply to
NaCl

Is that name Hebrew? :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Everyone hates Jerry Irvine? Why is this?

Hey are you making EX motors and then selling them at independent launches without an LEMP?

This is one question you NEVER answer hence why I hammer away on you on this.

Reply to
Major Wood

As an "anonymous poster" I suppose I shouldn't bitch (NaCl is a nickname given to me in college, so to you all it may be unknown, but it is not random), but I have trouble taking seriously anything posted by "major wood" or "craven morehead" etc.

Reply to
NaCl

You would also have to stop posting content and start trolling.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What is your real name?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why do you care? Would you buy any if he was?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I would think that you participation should rise with the additional free time. Just because YOU cannot fly doen not mean that you can help someone ELSE fly.

you are not talking to the right people, or you are not trying often enough. I don't deby that you would be trying hard enough, but sometime the best person to get permission from is not the first person you talk to.

You need to talk to the person granting permissions about the difficulties. convince them to show up at a launch. let them see that their procedures are causing more problems than they are fixing. Make sure you get the person GRANTING the permissions, not the people processing the permission forms.

Set up a location and time weekly where they can do so. promote model rocketry as THE safest activity they can participate in. find statistics regarding other activities like sports to compare them to.

was. isn't no more. plenty of suppliers for just about any size engine. Maybe not localy, the they are there.

WRONG. all the problems in rocketry are caused by the PEOPLE who say they are problems and do not bother to TRY to work around them. these same PEOPLE would rather sit here and complain rather than trying to find solutions to the problems.

WORSE, by not showing that there are solutions, not even bother to try, they are continualydecreasing the APEAL of such a hobby, and how it is essential in order to help our society become better.

this advice should be given to EVERYONE. Don't bother with what others say can't be done, go out and do them.

Well, he is still here, it appears he is still doing rockets. Sounds like you want to use any excuse to blame others for not being able to do what you want to do.

He doesn't so this is a moot point, although you go on in great detail about the "could have beens" you don't seem to promote any solutions for yourself.

It apears he does fairly well, even with a hatchet that he should have buried. how this pertains to your enjoyment of model rocketry I cannot see.

I do. I plan on doing every thing to allow Model rocketry to flourish. I was one of the generation who "Should" have helped promote more in rocketry, but have been held back due to the fear, uncertainty and doubt brought on by those who complained that "things went wrong, so I could not help" I see a long road ahead of me in order to get things going back, but I am not going to let anyone stop me.

Redirect me, slow me, maybe, but not stop me.

Reply to
tater schuld

try again. This is the perfect time of year to start drafting presentations, scheduling demostrations, and designing posters to promote a rocketry club.

In factm if you didn't start when those kids were jumping, you are behind in your timing!

Reply to
tater schuld

HAW!

but

"It's got the longest name of any model rocket in production"

waht about the "illudium Q-38 Explosive modulator"?

wait! dang 4 words versus 5

What size engine for the upscale in the picture?

Reply to
tater schuld

to the bit bucket with you, o anonymous Altopia poster!

nary a woody post shall pass my filter henceforth

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Two thousand followers of Jerryism? Even Jim Jones couldn't get that many in his Kool-Aid Kult.

Oh right, NAR will go to the ATF and say, "Look, Jerry just got us 2000 new members! You can stop requiring LEMP's for manufacturers now!"

Reply to
RayDunakin

Sure. The first part's not too hard, you just have to get your act together so you can get your motors certified and legally ship/sell them. As for the rest, I have no idea where or how you'd scrap together 2000 new NAR members. But if you think you can do it, go for it!

Reply to
RayDunakin

You are absolutely correct!

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Harvey

"Or throw in the towel and shutup." ..... Remember Ray, this is Jerry you're talking about. That scenario wouldn't happen in a million years and you know it. ;-)

Stones

Reply to
stones

Dunakin, "Major Wood" and others have simply ignored the publicly KNOWN fact that NAR itself does NOT follow the law re motor certs (I cite their own lawsuit).

I cannot be COMPELLED to violate the law.

Every locality has different laws. In CA all motors I am aware of are discharged at a Pyro op 2 launch. If you do not attend those then of course you do not see them. That also confirms what I am doing is WORKING!

In states outside of CA there are effectively three compliance regeimes.

  1. NAR/TRA/NFPA compliant. The primary evidence there is NAR/TRA/CAR CLUB certification. The criterion of those certs that does NOT exist in NFPA code (or CAR) but does illegally exist at TRA and NAR is ATF permits. Until that illegal provision is eliminated you will not see my motors on that list. Any damages I am experiencing are accumulating and any request I make for NAR or TRA to change their illegal internal policy is strictly an effort to mitigate damages.

  1. Uncertified (NAR/TRA clubs) motors in non-NFPA states.

  2. Uncertified (NAR/TRA clubs) motors in NFPA states.

You will find that (TRA club) EX is entirely different as it necessarily involves propellant that have not been authorized or classified anywhere anytime.

I necessarily expect the usual suspects (that do NOT make motors) to troll this post but I just posted facts. Troll posts cannot change facts. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine