We finally joined NAR

  1. NAR/TRA/ATF lawsuit
  2. A bill (and the prospect for others in the future secret from Kyte)
  3. I have placed events that DID occur on the record.
  4. I have a following of dozens of trolls precisely because I am so persistent, correct, and effective at my goal. If you have a different view of my goal than I do (and have stated) too bad so sad.

:)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

4-03

27 CFR 555.141-a-8

Just helpful Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe it's time for you to come out from down in your parent's basement, into the light and away from all those nasty glue fumes!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Maybe. But not yet. I am still digging out. Someone forgot to tell me my parents do not have a basement after all.

And the LACK of glue fumes from no longer making SU motors all day is probably the problem. I need more glue!

Finally Jerry and a glue thread!

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But an audit of your taxes will show that you do??? Do you claim all your cash income?

Reply to
Snot Locker

Tater,

Thanks for the input and good luck to us all. On reading my post over, I can see how it would be misinterpreted. The things I listed are not any type of "roadblocks" to me, just some examples of problems I've encountered along the way. Each one has been overcome in some manner, though I have not yet been able to get any of them permanently "corrected".

The things I listed were meant as examples for Jerry of some issues I've comfronted in rocketry that were not related to the NAR/TRA and a poor attempt to point out that his methods of dealing with the orgs have still not allowed him to get his motors recertified. He seems to feel that all problems in rocketry are caused by the orgs. I don't believe that and feel a lot of his concerns and energy are misplaced. But even if he's right, his methods of dealing with the orgs have not and are not working.

I hate to argue with Jerry Irvine. Believe it or not, JI was a role model for me when I was younger. I am a textbook, "rocketry can encourage science" example. Maybe not a real successful example, but building rockets showed me how scientific principles applied to the world in an interesting way and that science wasn't hard or boring. I continued on in very satisfying technical fields and careers because of the lessons of rocketry. In the literature I read back then, JI and USR were always doing things bigger, and faster, and more powerfully. I thought how cool it would be to have a job like Jerry's, to do what he did. He had a significant, indirect, impact on my life via rocketry. As much as G. Harry or Vern Estes in this particular context. I have expressed these sentiments to Jerry before in these forums. (I have never met JI. This newsgroup is my only contact with him.)

Its why I go "overboard" when I get into it with him, as I have done in this case. On some level, its a personal thing with me. Fact 1: I agree with 90% of what Jerry says and what he espouses for rocketry. Fact 2: I believe he could implement 90% of it if he would only change his position a little and direct his energy differently. Fact 3: I wish Jerry nothing but success.

Jerry, if I was insulting or inappropriate, I offer my sincere apologies.

And, I will acknowledge that I'm a hypocrite. I call for cooperation but get involved in arguments without providing any construtive input, as you pointed out, Tater. I apologize to everyone for that.

Reply to
Gary

So now you're claiming credit for both the TRA/NAR lawsuit and Wickman's legislative efforts?? Man, that's just plain delusional!

Now you're confusing actions with accomplishments.

A following of trolls is nothing to brag about.

Oh, it's pretty obvious what your goal is. It's all about stirring up trouble to deflect attention from your inability to get your motors legally manufactured, certified and shipped.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Nope. Count feet and divide by 2.

Bob Kaplow

Mark;

Any idea what caused the increase in 1999? And who died in 2002?

Bob Kaplow

Hey Randy. Their mom's only seven?!?! Oh, you mean ON the 7th. I thought you had too many wings and brews watching the Super Strip-tease Bowl.

:-)

John

Reply to
John Stein

No, that would be me.

I did. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Like, I don't have enough work to do already.

OK, I looked at it.

Hey, that's rather interesting....

OK, so I'm only downloading the plans for a better look.

Let's see, fold on this line, .....

It'll be ready for Saturday! Heck, it'll be finished in an hour.

Yee Haw! Thanks Jim!

John John Stein KC4RLL NAR 74335 Sr L2

reply...alaweb is not mine, so remove my.

----- Original Message ----- From: "jflis (FlisKits)" Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 1:23 PM Subject: Re: We finally joined NAR

Reply to
John Stein

:) I thought you'd like that

it *is* a cool rocket, and you can't beat the price, that's for sure! jim

John Ste> Like, I don't have enough work to do already.

Reply to
jflis (FlisKits)

I could do a time series analysis on the data. The decline in JR members is most disturbing. While the LRs are increasing, I'd have expedted a jump of at least 200 in 2003 from TARC alone.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

First of all, it's "Illudium Q-36 Explosive SPACE Modulator". Second, that's our TEAM name, not a rocket name. Although I dd name one of my gliders Illudium Q-38 the first year. (the number was changed because it indicates the wing span in cm)

Bob Kaplow

Does that mean your team's wingspan is 36 cm? :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

How about a serious glue thread Jerry:

What kind of epoxy do you use in your motor making. MANY years ago I went lookging for high temperature epoxies. The stuff you buy in the store turns the consistency of peanut butter from the heat of an A SD model. Seems the industry thinks that 150-180 degrees is "high temperature" :-(

By far the best stuff I ever found was at my first Danville launch. I bought some Vulcan epoxy,the same stuff he used to make his motors, from TRA President Ed Tindell (who sighend my cert card). Alas it's long gone.

Bob Kaplow

The epoxy itself is not the key. The filler is. Also "my" motors are designed to INSULATE the epoxy.

SCOTT DIXON FORMULATES HIS OWN EPOXY. He makes the best epoxy I have used. I recommend it. 10 gallons minimum :)

I will not say what I use now, but what I used to use was Stycast 3050 available from E.V. Roberts in Santa Fe Springs, CA. Gary also used that on the original E6 and F10 motors. Good stuff.

Fillers like microbaloons 50% by volume help a lot.

Stop sucking me into glue threads by talking motors!

Just Tech Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Feel free to search

for a longer one but that seems like the kind of claim that will last a while. Most product names try to be simple and brief.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

and, besides, there is no model rocket called the "Illudium Q-36 Explosive space modulator" in production... :)

and even further, doesn't really matter... ... heck, it's just for fun...

jim

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
jflis (FlisKits)