Which Hybrid do YOU think is the best for HPR???

What is that?

Reply to
RayDunakin

OTOH, pull pin umbilicals have worked very well in model rocketry. One example is the simple Cineroc modification.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

The second stage of the Titan II fired before it separated from the first stage. There are square ports in the side of the rocket that you can see straight through if you look at it from the right angle. There was at least one flight where a camera was mounted on the outside of the second stage, looking down. When the motor fires up you see smoke and flame coming out the ports; the stage separates, falls back a few yards, and then the interstage section flies into pieces under the influence of the second stage engine's thrust. Spectacular!

Reply to
Doug Pratt

And Mark, where is this piece of gaseous engineering supposed to escape the clutches of gravity? Huh? Huh? I wanna see this baby with the plume pouring out the sides, top, maybe the bottom of the barrel. It will, of course, need the obligatory strobe lights and the 'fines doubled in works zones' sign.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

So I should move them away from the fireplace? They add such decor, and are wonderful conversation pieces. I was a little worried about the temperature cycling at first, but realized the mantle is a bad spot

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I beg to differ. I really beg to differ. Really. I saw the mess.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Then too much was put in. You can never put too much nitrous in the motor tank,...

Joel. phx

Not everyone can read your html posts. Looks like below.

Tools -> Options -> Send -> News Sending Format -> Plain Text.

html>

head>

/head>

Joel Corwith wrote:

You can never put too much nitrous in the motor tank,... I beg to differ.  I really beg to differ.  Really.  I saw the mess. Chuck -- Chuck Rudy

Chuck Rudy VooDoo Digital Productions

/body>

/html

--------------080603080805020508010605--

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Chuck, I'm considering flying the FTBOD ay LDRS2004 in NY. If I can do so on a hybrid, that'd be extra cool.

Mark Simpson NAR 71503 Level II God Bless our Peacekeepers

Reply to
Mark Simpson

I'll be there with the camera......you get the hybrd worked out and it'll be extra cool. Maybe even one or two of Art Upton's cameras on board ! ;-)

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Correction to this post I made several days earlier; the capsule in question did not stage, as I wrote; in fact it was just the escape tower that launched - the capsule stayed put, but DID eject the parachutes, creating a hazardous situation because the chutes could have caused the rocket to topple.

"BB" wrote:

Reply to
BB

Chuck, What happened at NYPOWER had nothing to do with too much N2O in the tank. It was caused by at least two factors.

1) High ambient temerature(90deg?) 2) GOX pressure too low to generate a flame to burn the tie wraps but just enough to light a fire in the motor raising the temp of the tank.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Rob

The dance the line made .06 seconds before ignition seems to indicate otherwise. There was a huge backpressure before ignition, and fortunately the backflow valve halted it from going into the source tank. It has to be seen frame by frame. You may be correct, but looking at the frame shots something else is amiss.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I just got home from KY!

It would be a bigger pain without the KY...

Bob Kaplow

And yer chickens. Remember the movie Pink Flamingos? >;-)

Mark Simpson

10 years ago, Hell. AT reloads have become more of a pain in the rear lately. You have to buy delay grains and black powder separately. The only improvement is in the igniters, but anything's a step up from Crapperheads. Oh, I forgot RMS Plus is better than the old delay system, but you have to buy them separately, which is a pain, especially since there are 14 Million delay kits out there and you can't use the same ones for Redlines that you use for other motors. Now, with CTI motors, it's a different story. They're a piece of cake. That's what good engineering gets you.

Mark Simpson

The rooster.

Bob Kaplow