Why Does Posting About BP Rocketry Feel "OT"?

Jerry Irvine wrote:

That site goes down more than a Times Square hooker

All this having been said. I find it to be a good site and serving a public interest well. Better than ROL in many ways.
So I offered them free storage, bandwidth and a "transmitter free" experience. Despite their spiteful words to me. Someone has to (should) rise above the crap first.
Jerry

While it does have it's drawbacks, keeping it in real time, is part of why I've stuck around so long. Well, that and rmr reminds me of the social aspects of being in high school again. There can be a lot of frustration involved with rmr, if you take anything posted here TOO seriously and that seems to happen quite a bit. People seem to forget at times, rmr is a hobby forum, not the 911 crisis center but that's part of it's appeal as well. I too would like to see threads remain more on topic and a lot less flaming and bashing but I know that's mostly wishful thinking. Perhaps the consistency of the inconsistencies, has some sort of weird appeal too.
I come here for good info. on flying, sharing ideas, on topic and off and to read all kinds of opinions and comments from a wide spectrum of people. There's comedy, drama, intrigue and all kinds of general crap all the time. RMR is the best soap opera around and if that ever gets out to the general public, daytime tv is doomed. I especially find information about flying, politics, etc. from people from outside the U.S. very interesting even if I don't always agree with it. Our diversity IS a good thing.
You know, if there's something posted here that bothers you, all you have to do is click to the next post. I still don't understand why some people will let anyone or anything, spoil the hobby or the forum for them. I just don't get it.
Randy

Hmmm, I could have a big (fine paying) salary?
:)

hobby
time.
True, it is pretty entertaining from a distance - how about RMR the movie? 90 minutes of repetitive pointless arguments, someone launches a rocket, 30 minutes flaming the guy who launched the rocket, the end.....

will
don't

30
Someday when we are 60, rmr the movie might just happen.
A little different then that however.
more like someone launches a rocket, and police get called for garage looters getting motor equipment unanounced.
someone gets an altitude record, and waivers are half the record.
stuff like that.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (John H. Smith) wrote in message

There is a contestroc forum on Yahoo. Contests are popular at the CATO launches in Connecticut. www.catorockets.org
We have had to cancel a lot of launches in the past year due to muddy weather--we can't afford to tear up the farmer's field.
I did my Nartrek Gold using a Perfectflite altimeter capable of dual deployment using mini A motors. However, dual deployment isn't worth the trouble with a rocket that only goes up 280 feet.
I flew a Centuri Point clone(the original cone rocket?) on a B4-2 last Saturday--worked perfectly :-). But, the grass was too high for my Sprite and Scout clones. I hope to finish painting my Mars Lander clone so I can launch it this summer.
Zack Lau W1VT