Woah! Roc Lake - an HPR dream

A member of our local rocket club sent out a description of what he's hoping to be a part of at Roc Lake VII.

Here's a link to the Feature Flights.

Check out the ATHA Rocketry Team's project. 47,000 ft !!! And these folk are hobbyists ?!! Whoah!

Dwayne Surdu-Miller SAROS #1

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

Oops. They're professionals. My apologies.

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

I guess it depends on what you call professional. I don't think they've ever made money launching rockets. one member of ATHA builds rocket electronics I think as a sideline to his day job. I would say they are pro hobbyists.

Layne Rossi CAR S767 L2 TRA 10077 L1

Goin' to Roc Lake this week!

Reply to
L&K

Hey, thanks for the comments guys. Nope, we are just regular folks with dreams. We are trying to market some of the electronics we have developed through our "fill the need" process, actually just our AGTS Gps tracking stuff. Wayne Hortensius, The guy that builds rocket electronics was building the FC-877 before we formed our group. What can I say, he has a really good flight computer so we asked him to help us with our big projects. Through that we have incorporated some neat enhancements in the FC.

The long burn N on top with about a 12-13 sec burn, should let us see it to at least 20,000 feet after that you need really good eyes....or use a video down link....or GPS.....damm I hope we get this thing back.

We are still doing some last minute testing of ejection charges for high altitude stuff. Seems tonight we finally found the answer.....

See you at Roc Lake, Atha Beer Tent Saturday night!!!!!

David Buhler

Reply to
David Buhler

I hope you get the first stage back at least, because I need the motor casing for my flight! Wonder of wonders, I actually finished the booster today, which is one day ahead of time... I'll try not to make a habit of this. Mind you, there's another half day or so on site to finish it, where myriad things could go wrong. And probably will with my track record.

See you there. Arriving Thursday afternoon.

Mike Dennett

Reply to
Mike Dennett

sounds like a good start...

Reply to
tater schuld

"Dwayne Surdu-Miller" wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Hey Mike! Are there going to be any CTI folks at LDRS this year?

I won't (sniff) be at Roc Lake, but will be at LDRS. Dave Ross will be flying his Delta Clipper sustainer upscale on my N1500 hybrid this year--this is the big brother of the motor that he flew in the same rocket last year at Sullivan Lake (and you missed!).

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Other CTI folks may pop in here and there (Jeroen mentioned he was going to come down for part of the event), but we won't have a company booth. However both lines are represented by excellent dealers, so technical help will be readily available. I guess I should be at LDRS by rights, but I committed to providing some tech help at ROC Lake, and it overlaps LDRS this year (grumble grumble!).

Luckily, this won't be an issue next year! Looking forward to seeing your big hybrid fly, though maybe I'll grab a burger while the tank is filling.. ;-)

Cheers,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Dennett