wow

got a response from my local bank about a house loan.
I am now pre-qualified for a mortgage for over an eighth of a million
dollars.
it sounds like so much more money that way :)
I guess I *AM* going to get the workshop I need for the little Joe 10 project.
writes:

I get "pre-qualified" offers in the mail weekly. Some even arrive in the bogus alias name I use when I don't want to give out my real name, so you know how pre-qualified those are.
Credit is a funny thing: the bet way to get credit is to prove to the lender that you don't need it :-)
yes, but do you get one from the bank you just applied to for a mortgage?
I wont know details until friday