1/35 or close Conversion van or Schoolbus

I want to make a diorama with some military and civilian vehicles together. Does anyone know of any kits of vans or buses (any kind)????

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Dave

Dave wrote: : I want to make a diorama with some military and civilian vehicles : together. Does anyone know of any kits of vans or buses (any : kind)???? : If you are talking about the modern slab-sided vans from Grumman et. al., no. Not in 1/35 that I am awere. For a bus, Ironside made (perhaps still does) a 30's/40's vintage Opel bus, based on the Blitz chassis.

I have one that I am planning to use to re-create a scene from "Where Eagles Dare", feature a red Alpine (Postal) Bus, a V-plow and lots of motorcycles...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

I "think" that years ago, Revell had some vans in their "snap together" series that were in 1/32nd scale. These would probably work, since the "apples vs oranges" aspect of the vans vs military vehicles aspect would help hide the minor scale difference. I believe there is/was also a kit of a Land Rover in this scale. ( I forget the manufacturer....)

In fact, I think Revell also had quite a few "cars" in the "snap" series that were in 1/32nd scale....

Reply to
Greg Heilers

There are several Japanese kits in 1/32nd scale of Japanese civilian buses from the 1960's, which could be suitable for a Vietnam-era diorama. IIRC it was Nitto that makes them. There are lots of civilian vehicles in that scale from Japanese kitmakers like Fujimi, including obscure Japanese makes, as well as period Cadillacs, Chevys and Fords. Most 1/32nd US and British-made kits are either sports cars or muscle cars, and most are of the snap-together variety. There are also numerous 1/32 die cast metal models of civilian cars and trucks in the $10-$20 range. Try

Gerald Owens

Reply to
Lafimprov