1/72 Airfx LCVP D-Day Landing Craft now in US

Just picked up the new Airfix LCVP Higgins Boat Landing Craft from
Colpar Hobbies here in Denver. From previous posts, this is new mold
in 1/72 (not 1/76) and it looks more Heller-ish than Airfix-ish to me.
The kit includes 83 parts, 3 boat crew figures and THREAD for the bow
ramp cables. Two marking options are included, PA 26-19 (Omaha Beach)
or PA 33-4 (Utah Beach), both with a white diamond marking for the
hull. Not bad for $4.98.
I rarely buy boat/ship models, but due to the recent D-Day 60th
anniversary observances and "Saving Private Ryan", I had to have this
historic craft.
Martin
Reply to
Martin
Airfix have brought out a whole D day set, 15 things, well impressive
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
And most of the kits are new moulds and also available separately, but of course the 15 piece pack is great value.
Nick
Reply to
Nick Pedley
can't seem to find it on line.
tried hannants, no luck, but for box image and list of items click here and scroll down a bit
comes with paints n brush and a copy of a UK newspaper 6th June i think

JULIAN HALES
Just did a closer inspection of this kit and found that it even includes German beach obstacles!
BTW: Being primarily an aircraft modeler, I have no idea what the colors are for this boat. The instructions recommend Humbrol 127 Satin US Ghost Grey for the majority of the boat with Humbrol 91 Matt Black Green below the waterline. Are these colors accurate?
Thanks!
Martin
Reply to
Martin