1/72 Airfx LCVP D-Day Landing Craft now in US

Just picked up the new Airfix LCVP Higgins Boat Landing Craft from Colpar Hobbies here in Denver. From previous posts, this is new mold in 1/72 (not 1/76) and it looks more Heller-ish than Airfix-ish to me. The kit includes 83 parts, 3 boat crew figures and THREAD for the bow ramp cables. Two marking options are included, PA 26-19 (Omaha Beach) or PA 33-4 (Utah Beach), both with a white diamond marking for the hull. Not bad for $4.98.

I rarely buy boat/ship models, but due to the recent D-Day 60th anniversary observances and "Saving Private Ryan", I had to have this historic craft.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Airfix have brought out a whole D day set, 15 things, well impressive

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

And most of the kits are new moulds and also available separately, but of course the 15 piece pack is great value.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

can't seem to find it on line.

tried hannants, no luck, but for box image and list of items click here and scroll down a bit

comes with paints n brush and a copy of a UK newspaper 6th June i think

JULIAN HALES

thanks, j.

Just did a closer inspection of this kit and found that it even includes German beach obstacles!

BTW: Being primarily an aircraft modeler, I have no idea what the colors are for this boat. The instructions recommend Humbrol 127 Satin US Ghost Grey for the majority of the boat with Humbrol 91 Matt Black Green below the waterline. Are these colors accurate?

Thanks!

Martin

Reply to
Martin