1/8 scale corvettes

Got a beater 1/8 scale Sting Ray on Ebay, and a beater 1/8 scale C5 (?)
Vette. Figured out of the pair of them it shouldn't be hard to put
something together. Turned out I was right, because ****the chassis on
the two are identical***!!! Doesn't seem quite accurate to me.
I have one of the 1965's, I believe that the latest model Monogram did was an early 1984 or so - that would be a C4, and the chassis is not at all similar to a C2, Monogram must have taken some artistic licence using what they already had and adding a new body to it. The chassis on the 1965 looks pretty accurate, I have never seen the later one. Dave
Reply to
Dave Calhoun
Yeah, it's a nice Sting Ray Chassis. It is a C4 I can never keep the numbers straight; still got all the curves in it, so 84 would be about right. The bottom of the chassis is absolutely identical, the top of the chassis has a couple of added posts to support the rear of the body. Got working metal springs in front. Body, interior, and engine are all different, seem correct as far as I would know. At this scale and this price (when new), it's a weird decision to save a few bucks by using a highly detailed chassis from the wrong car.