1/8 scale corvettes

Got a beater 1/8 scale Sting Ray on Ebay, and a beater 1/8 scale C5 (?) Vette. Figured out of the pair of them it shouldn't be hard to put something together. Turned out I was right, because ****the chassis on the two are identical***!!! Doesn't seem quite accurate to me.

Dave Calhoun

Yeah, it's a nice Sting Ray Chassis. It is a C4 I can never keep the numbers straight; still got all the curves in it, so 84 would be about right. The bottom of the chassis is absolutely identical, the top of the chassis has a couple of added posts to support the rear of the body. Got working metal springs in front. Body, interior, and engine are all different, seem correct as far as I would know. At this scale and this price (when new), it's a weird decision to save a few bucks by using a highly detailed chassis from the wrong car.