A 10 Loads.

I have just started the Hasegawa 1/48 A10 and was wondering whether it would, not could ,carry all the ordinance given with the kit?

As a matter of interest how many Mk 82's can it carry and on what pylons?

Thanks

Reply to
Rory Manton

According to one book I've got here a typical anti armor mission would see it carrying 4 Mavericks AGMs OR 6 Mk20 Cluster bombs on the pylons just outside each of the landing gear pods along with a ECM pod on one of the outer pylons.

But I guess this is really a stylistic question. Do you want your model to portray an actual mission or do you want to show it looking as "mean" as possible, fully stocked with everything it COULD carry?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Levine

Just found another reference which shows a load of 2 Mk83s and 2 Mk82s, the larger on the plyons just inside the landing gear pods and the smaller on the middle of the three outer wing pylons.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Levine

in article bHryd.39438$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.socal.rr.com, TForward at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 23/12/04 4:19:

Thank you for a great answer which even I can understand. I very rarely ventur into the relms of modern jets!!

Reply to
Rory Manton

Rory Manton wrote in news:BDF02D3B.344E9% snipped-for-privacy@griffon65.freeserve.co.uk:

Happy to help and Merry Christmas.

TF

Reply to
TForward

Now this is what we call a primary source! Nice post!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reply to
Steve Collins

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

I left a piece of my scalp on the back corner of station 3 one late night during load training when I should have been paying more attention to where I was going. It's called a "Hog-bite" and, yeah, they called me "Stitch" for a while. You could say I got to know the A-10 up close and personal.

TF

Reply to
TForward

Sort of like the blood and skin I left on some deck grate covers changing the plugs in an M48 many years ago, and more than one lump on my head from going through the hatch too fast in a dark night. My nickname wasn't "graceful". :-)

Aaahhhh, the memories! Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Ahhhh yes the coveted bites yeah I have the marks myself Eagle bites Phantom bites and even a couple of Tweet bites (T-37)

Reply to
Daryl