A 10 Loads.

I have just started the Hasegawa 1/48 A10 and was wondering whether it
would, not could ,carry all the ordinance given with the kit?
As a matter of interest how many Mk 82's can it carry and on what pylons?
Thanks
Reply to
Rory Manton
According to one book I've got here a typical anti armor mission would see it carrying 4 Mavericks AGMs OR 6 Mk20 Cluster bombs on the pylons just outside each of the landing gear pods along with a ECM pod on one of the outer pylons.
But I guess this is really a stylistic question. Do you want your model to portray an actual mission or do you want to show it looking as "mean" as possible, fully stocked with everything it COULD carry?
Mark
Reply to
Mark Levine
Just found another reference which shows a load of 2 Mk83s and 2 Mk82s, the larger on the plyons just inside the landing gear pods and the smaller on the middle of the three outer wing pylons.
Hope that helps.
Mark
Reply to
Mark Levine
in article bHryd.39438$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.socal.rr.com, TForward at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 23/12/04 4:19:
Thank you for a great answer which even I can understand. I very rarely ventur into the relms of modern jets!!
Reply to
Rory Manton
Rory Manton wrote in news:BDF02D3B.344E9% snipped-for-privacy@griffon65.freeserve.co.uk:
Happy to help and Merry Christmas.
TF
Reply to
TForward
Now this is what we call a primary source! Nice post!
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
According to some friends of mine who were A-10 drivers, they _could_ carry everything the list shows, but it would be a very short trip or a very high speed taxi test. Usual load was a couple of Mk82s, four or six Mk20s, an ECM pod (either an ALQ-119, ALQ-184, or ALQ-131 shallow pod - depending on when and where the planes came from), and a twin AIM-9 rack (forgot the designation for it). Steve
Rory Mant>
Reply to
Steve Collins
"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:
I left a piece of my scalp on the back corner of station 3 one late night during load training when I should have been paying more attention to where I was going. It's called a "Hog-bite" and, yeah, they called me "Stitch" for a while. You could say I got to know the A-10 up close and personal.
TF
Reply to
TForward
Sort of like the blood and skin I left on some deck grate covers changing the plugs in an M48 many years ago, and more than one lump on my head from going through the hatch too fast in a dark night. My nickname wasn't "graceful". :-)
Aaahhhh, the memories! Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Ahhhh yes the coveted bites yeah I have the marks myself Eagle bites Phantom bites and even a couple of Tweet bites (T-37)
Reply to
Daryl